Carnival Miracle 7-17-04 Review 7 Days New York to Bahamas

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Howie

Default Carnival Miracle 7-17-04 Review 7 Days New York to Bahamas

Marsha L wrote:

Dare I point out that there are those of us who have been avoiding the new
ships and searching out older smaller ones for many of these same reasons?
How many times have I heard that "bigger is better"? Certainly enough that I
(temporarily) stopped speaking my mind!

During our recent cruise we were tailed by the Norwegian Dawn, which was
docked beside us in Canaveral. Although I've never seen the inside of
that ship, the outside (particularly the stern) was as ugly as it gets
IMO. From the rear, it looked far more like a barge than a ship.

Howie

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

"Howie" wrote in message

RCCL, on the other hand, does all sorts of things for repeaters; but
changing cabin decor does not seem to be one of them.

RCCL is all about the mantra of consistency of total program.

Same cookies on each ship. Same color scheme. Same green glass when you
look at the ships. Same cruise director "shtick". Same light color

"dirty"
carpeting. Same everything.

Tom, the Radiance and Rhapsody had beautiful rich colors of green and royal
blue with a design of little confetti of multi colors for its carpeting.. It
was lovely and clean..

--Jean

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Howie

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Howie" wrote in message

RCCL is all about the mantra of consistency of total program.

Same cookies on each ship. Same color scheme. Same green glass when

you

look at the ships. Same cruise director "shtick". Same light color

"dirty"

carpeting. Same everything.

Even cabin decor.

You are so right, Tom. I hate that. Sailing the Serenade one year
after the Brilliance was like dating identical twin sisters.

On the same date?

Except for the fact that the Brilliance left from Harwich and the
Serenade from Amsterdam (a MUCH better spot), it was like the same date.

That might be interesting.

Ever been with twins, Tom?

Howie

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Eileen Garland

Benjamin Smith wrote:

And this proves one thing. You must listen to me. I am the voice of the
future. I am before my time. I am avant-garde. I am exemplary. I am
strong. I am invincible. I am woman.

Benita S. (the next few years should be interesting in the cruise industry)

Please send me some of those drugs you're taking, Ben(ita).

Eileen

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Howie" wrote in message
Oh, those stacks of useless paper that come along with the cruise
program every day are really annoying.

Howie, at least on the HAL ships, they have a recycle basket hung on your
wastebasket and that's where ours went as soon as they arrived..Perhaps
other cruise lines have them now, too.

--Jean