1 week in Paris, 1 week in Rome, 5 days in Venice, 5 days in Vienna, 6 days in Munich, 6 in Berlin, 5 in Amsterdam, 4 in Brussels, 2 in Brugge

Old March 1st, 2004, 06:40 AM
Charlie Pink

Default 1 week in Paris, 1 week in Rome, 5 days in Venice, 5 days in Vienna, 6 days in Munich, 6 in Berlin, 5 in Amsterdam, 4 in Brussels, 2 in Brugge

What do you think? Please give some suggestion.
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:47 AM
David Horne

Charlie Pink wrote:

What do you think? Please give some suggestion.

Wasn't there a similar post to this a while back?

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM
I. Wilson Gittleman, M.D.

Default 1 week in Paris, 1 week in Rome, 5 days in Venice, 5 days inVi...

This sounds very leisurely; and if that is your thing, this is very
fine.

I would slice two days off Rome and two days off Venice, and if you find
another city to add to the itinerary, perhaps take a day off Vienna.

"Iti is better to be vaguely right than precisely wrong.
--J. M. Keynes

Old March 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM
OughtFour

Charlie Pink wrote:
What do you think? Please give some suggestion.

It sounds like a fabulous trip.

On a trip that long, though, I would want some time in the countryside.

Also: Consider starting your trip in Rome, ending in Paris (if in the
spring), or in Paris, ending in Rome (if in the fall) to save yourself a
travel day between Paris and Rome.

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:33 PM
BB

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:47:41 +0000, David Horne wrote:

Wasn't there a similar post to this a while back?

Similar style, different itinerary.

Similar problem as well - no travel days. There are enough days in each
city that it shouldn't be a big issue. I'd move Paris to the end, so you
don't find yourself going all the way from Paris to Rome at the very
start. Paris isn't far from Belgium.

Five days in Venice seems like a lot to me, but I didn't really enjoy
Venice all that much (many people do, though).

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:37 PM
Bob Fusillo

Five days in Venice seems like a lot to me, but I didn't really enjoy
Venice all that much (many people do, though).
-BB-

Heresy, Sir! Pistols at dawn!
But the schedule would allow some side trips to Vicenza, Verona, et al, if
Venice begins to pall.
As it is, the schedule sends him/her to a lot of well known and therefore
tourist focussed places. Not bad in itself, but it woud be good to taste a
few towns that are towns, not sights.
rjf

Old March 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
BB

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:37:24 GMT, Bob Fusillo wrote:

As it is, the schedule sends him/her to a lot of well known and therefore
tourist focussed places. Not bad in itself, but it woud be good to taste a
few towns that are towns, not sights.

That was my comment last time. Rick Steves recommends alternating between
small, tranquil towns and lively, busy cities. I'm not a strict disciple
of Steves, but I found this bit of advice to be good.

He added Brugges, which is a lovely little town. At least one more small
town in Italy or Bavaria might be nice.