Kill United now! was: United maps novel legal strategy in laborfight

Old May 25th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Gary L. Dare

Default Kill United now! was: United maps novel legal strategy in laborfight

bunny wrote:

Illinois will be the *last* office to close.

I believe that the Wooddale center was nuked.

My recent UA ticket was billed to "Mumbai, IL". (-;

Not a joke!

But then again, I was making my change from the
Pacific time zone, around 11 PM which is mid-
morning across the lake.

gld
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Gary L. Dare

bunny wrote:

No, you've got this part wrong. There are no misconceptions; United workers
have a very good idea what's going on. Whether anyone else cares doesn't
make any difference --although you're wrong there, a lot of customers *do*
care because they complain a *lot* about having to use the automated voice
system and complain a lot about people who cannot sufficiently understand
and speak English well enough to process reservations without making a lot
of costly mistakes.

Look, I have this problem when dealing with people
from the deep South and the Texas panhandle! Once
at DFW, I saw an AA employee (heavy drawl) and an
Irishman (thick brogue) who could not comprehend
what the other person was saying! I translated!

gld
Old May 25th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Jeff Hacker

"Gary L. Dare" wrote in message
bunny wrote:

No, you've got this part wrong. There are no misconceptions; United
workers have a very good idea what's going on. Whether anyone else cares
doesn't make any difference --although you're wrong there, a lot of
customers *do* care because they complain a *lot* about having to use the
automated voice system and complain a lot about people who cannot
sufficiently understand and speak English well enough to process
reservations without making a lot of costly mistakes.

Look, I have this problem when dealing with people
from the deep South and the Texas panhandle! Once
at DFW, I saw an AA employee (heavy drawl) and an
Irishman (thick brogue) who could not comprehend
what the other person was saying! I translated!

Actually, here in Texas, we call it a "twang"

gld