Weather and BOS

Old November 20th, 2008, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Ken Litwak

Default Weather and BOS

One last question I hope for my trip this weekend. I'm landing at
BOS. I've only been there once or twice but my experience this time of
year at other airports on the eastern side of the U.S., especially
O'Hare, has me worried. The weather in Boston when I'm supposed to
arrive is going to be around 25 degrees F with wind predicted at 22 mph.
I've had flights to Chicago canceled for minor weather problems. Are
these conditions likely to shut down BOS? I've landed in upstate New
York in much worse but had flights from and to O'Hare delayed or
canceled for less. What do y'all think? I'd like to be prepared for
the worst and make plans accordingly.
Old November 20th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Benson Benson is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Litwak View Post
One last question I hope for my trip this weekend. I'm landing at
BOS. I've only been there once or twice but my experience this time of
year at other airports on the eastern side of the U.S., especially
O'Hare, has me worried. The weather in Boston when I'm supposed to
arrive is going to be around 25 degrees F with wind predicted at 22 mph.
I've had flights to Chicago canceled for minor weather problems. Are
these conditions likely to shut down BOS? I've landed in upstate New
York in much worse but had flights from and to O'Hare delayed or
canceled for less. What do y'all think? I'd like to be prepared for
the worst and make plans accordingly.
Sorry friend I don't have any idea about BOS.
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Louis Krupp

Ken Litwak wrote:
One last question I hope for my trip this weekend. I'm landing at
BOS. I've only been there once or twice but my experience this time of
year at other airports on the eastern side of the U.S., especially
O'Hare, has me worried. The weather in Boston when I'm supposed to
arrive is going to be around 25 degrees F with wind predicted at 22 mph.
I've had flights to Chicago canceled for minor weather problems. Are
these conditions likely to shut down BOS? I've landed in upstate New
York in much worse but had flights from and to O'Hare delayed or
canceled for less. What do y'all think? I'd like to be prepared for
the worst and make plans accordingly.

Other than a chance of flurries today (Thursday), there's no
precipitation forecast until Monday night, so I would say that you can
remove cancellations because of Boston weather from your list of things
to worry about. There is always a chance that things could get screwed
up because of bad weather somewhere else, but there is absolutely
nothing you can do about that.

Just be sure to pack an extra set of underwear in your carry-on
(something I always do just in case I get stuck somewhere overnight)
along with a hat and at least a wind-breaker. Get lots of sleep the
night before you leave (since you won't be getting much on the flight).

Have fun.

Louis
Old November 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

O'Hare, has me worried. The weather in Boston when I'm supposed to
arrive is going to be around 25 degrees F with wind predicted at 22 mph.

BOS is on landfill that sticks out into Boston Harbor. If they
couldn't deal with that kind of weather, they wouldn't be able to
operate at all. Don't worry about it.

R's,
John