advice on Bahamas

Old May 24th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Trish and Denny Butler

Default advice on Bahamas

My wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Port Lucaya, Bahamas in
October. Since we've never been there, we're looking for some info from
those who have. Basically, we're going for rest and relaxation so all we
really need are relatively clean beaches, clear water, and cold drinks. I'm
sure we'll be able to find that there. What we don't know is about weather,
crowds, transportation and such. We'd prefer not to have to deal with
overcrowded beaches. Any information provided would be a tremendous help.

Thanks

Old May 24th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Rosalie B.

"Trish and Denny Butler" wrote:

My wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Port Lucaya, Bahamas in
October. Since we've never been there, we're looking for some info from
those who have. Basically, we're going for rest and relaxation so all we
really need are relatively clean beaches, clear water, and cold drinks. I'm
sure we'll be able to find that there. What we don't know is about weather,
crowds, transportation and such. We'd prefer not to have to deal with
overcrowded beaches. Any information provided would be a tremendous help.

That should be a fine time. In the summer the Floridians are over
there, and in the winter the Canadians and other northern folks are
there, but October should be almost the off season, and the water
should still be pretty warm.

As far as transportation goes - if you just want to lie on the beach,
you probably won't need anything like a rental car. If you want to
get to Freeport to the International Market or something (which there
is a market right in Lucaya including an internet cafe) then take a
jitney bus rather than a cab - much cheaper.

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Dreeve

Grandma, this is OT, but I visited your website for a bit. Interesting as my
wife and I lived in Coral Harbour for a year and a half. I also know Nick
and Caroline and recognize other houses in your pictures.

Dave

Old May 25th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Rosalie B.

"Dreeve" wrote:

Grandma, this is OT, but I visited your website for a bit. Interesting as my
wife and I lived in Coral Harbour for a year and a half. I also know Nick
and Caroline and recognize other houses in your pictures.

Dave

Thank you - I appreciate that. Coral Harbour isn't visited by many
people so nobody much looks at those pictures.

.. .

Old May 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Dreeve

We moved to Adelaide Village, which is just west of Coral Harbour. In fact,
I can see the Defense Force and Clifton area from my porch. Many sailboats
anchor right in front of our house. In fact we were coming in from fishing
yesterday and stopped by a boat that was anchored and introduced ourselves.
They were from Ct. not far from where I was born.

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Dreeve" wrote:

Grandma, this is OT, but I visited your website for a bit. Interesting as

my
wife and I lived in Coral Harbour for a year and a half. I also know Nick
and Caroline and recognize other houses in your pictures.

Dave

Thank you - I appreciate that. Coral Harbour isn't visited by many
people so nobody much looks at those pictures.

.. .