Norwegian Dawn

Old December 8th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Jo-Ann

Default Norwegian Dawn

You know, I saw some photos of the Norwegian Dawn, and it looks like a
really nice ship. And the fact that it departs from NYC is appealing.
However, I really wish they would do what Carnival has done with the
Legend and make it an 8-day sailing so it can visit warmer, more
exotic ports than Florida and Bahamas. I can't imagine that many
people sailing from NYC in January and heading only as far south as
the Bahamas.

Anybody feel the same way?

Jo-Ann
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:02 PM
JS

They've actually done one better...have a look at their 10 and 11 day
iteniaries out of NYC...they go to the southern caribbean.

om...

Old December 8th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jo-Ann wrote:

You know, I saw some photos of the Norwegian Dawn, and it looks like a
really nice ship. And the fact that it departs from NYC is appealing.
However, I really wish they would do what Carnival has done with the
Legend and make it an 8-day sailing so it can visit warmer, more
exotic ports than Florida and Bahamas. I can't imagine that many
people sailing from NYC in January and heading only as far south as
the Bahamas.

Anybody feel the same way?

I am with you on this. I would love to try the Norweigian Dawn. I love
sailing out of NY, but I hate the itin. no matter what time of year it is.

sue

Old December 8th, 2003, 08:06 PM
User 1.nospam

You need to look a little deeper sweetheart.....a group that I cannot go
with this year is sailing on the Dawn on 1/4 for 11 nights and the cruise
goes clear to Grenada before it heads back...with NO stops in the Bahamas.

I dont know how many times this winter the Dawn does this itinerary, but I
think it is more than once. Last time I checked the only rooms that were
left on the 1/4 sailing were the super-suites that go for a gazillion $$$.

Anyone know the normal cruising speed of the Dawn? It must really boogie to
do that Southern Caribbean route in 11 days.

Old December 8th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Tom & Linda

I did the itinerary... and didn't really mind it that much.

I found a good snorkeling excursion in Nassau, and I LOVE Great Stirrup
Cay.

To me that's as good as an itinerary as most Western sailings that spend
to days in places like Jamaica and Labadee.

--Tom

Old December 8th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

We're booked on the Dawn for Jan. 15.
10 days - going to Antigua, Dominica. San Juan, St Maarten St. Thomas.
Really need some sunshine after getting 20 " of snow here on LI.

We were originally booked on Rhapsody's Mardi Gras cruise in Feb. but
had to cancel. Sorry we won't get to meet you Jean & Sue. Maybe another
cruise.

Florence

Old December 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Florence and Lou Roth wrote:

We were originally booked on Rhapsody's Mardi Gras cruise in Feb. but
had to cancel. Sorry we won't get to meet you Jean & Sue. Maybe another
cruise.

I am sorry also, was looking forward to meeting you and Lou.

sue