Old and new ship names

Old March 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Old and new ship names

Below is a list of ships that once sailed under a different name:

The Celebrity Xpedition was formerly the Sun Bay I.
The Costa Europa was formerly Holland America's Westerdam.
Cruise West's Pacific Explorer was formerly the Temptress Explorer.
Discovery World Cruises' MV Discovery was formerly the Island Princess built
in 1972.
Holland America's Prinsendam was formerly the Seabourn Sun.
The MSC Armonia was formerly the European Vision.
The MSC Melody was formerly the StarShip Atlantic.
The MSC Monterey was formerly the Free State Mariner.
The MSC Rhapsody was formerly the Cunard Princess & Cunard Conquest.
The MSC Sinfonia was formerly the European Stars.
Norwegian's Pride of Aloha was formerly the Norwegian Sky.
The Norwegian Crown was formerly the Crown Odyssey.
The Norwegian Dream was formerly the Dreamward.
The Norwegian Majesty was formerly the Royal Majesty.
The Norwegian Spirit was formerly the SuperStar Leo.
The Norwegian Star was formerly the SuperStar Libra.
The Norwegian Wind was formerly the Windward.
The Pacific Princess was formerly Renaissance's R3.
Oceania Cruises' Insignia was formerly Renaissance's R1.
Oceania Cruises' Nautica was formerly the Blue Dream & Renaissance's R5.
Oceania Cruises' Regatta was formerly Renaissance's R2.
Orient's Marco Polo was formerly the Alexandr Pushkin.
Royal Caribbean's Empress of the Seas was formerly the Nordic Empress.
The Sea Princess was formerly the Adonia.
The Seabourn Legend was formerly the Queen Odyssey & the Royal Viking Queen.
The SeaDream I was formerly the Seabourn Goddess I & Sea Goddess I.
The SeaDream II was formerly the Seabourn Goddess II & Sea Goddess II.
The Tahitian Princess was formerly Renaissance's R4.
Windjammer's Amazing Grace was formerly the Orient Express & the Pharos.
Windstar's Wind Surf was formerly the Club Med I.

In addition, Princess has just announced the purchase of Swan Hellenic's
Minerva II, which originally sailed for Renaissance as the R8. She will make
her debut in April 2007 as the new Royal Princess, sailing 12-day
Mediterranean and Black Sea cruises.

Old March 18th, 2006, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Robert" wrote in message
Below is a list of ships that once sailed under a different name:

The Celebrity Xpedition was formerly the Sun Bay I.
The Costa Europa was formerly Holland America's Westerdam.
Cruise West's Pacific Explorer was formerly the Temptress Explorer.
Discovery World Cruises' MV Discovery was formerly the Island Princess

built
in 1972.

Wow. Looks EXACTLY like the list Alan Fox put out in the VacationstoGo
newsletter yesterday!

You should credit the source when copying and pasting..

Old March 18th, 2006, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Robert" wrote in message
Below is a list of ships that once sailed under a different name:

Why post this, when one can go to
http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpa...ship_names.asp and see a
much more substantial list?

Old March 18th, 2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"number6" wrote in message
ups.com...

That's a great list ... now I know where the old Pac Princess is ...

See her photo at http://www.nedcruise.info/pacific%20princess.jpg and more
details re this ship at http://www.nedcruise.info/eersteeng.htm

Old March 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Does no good to go to cruise server,every time we try our computer
freezes up,and we have to disconnect,and then reconnect again.

(.a cruise lover.)

Old March 19th, 2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Does no good to go to cruise server,every time we try our computer
freezes up,and we have to disconnect,and then reconnect again.

You have a computer? Or is the problem on your webtv?

--
Charles