Four hour layover

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Four hour layover

I'll be travelling to Scotland and will have a four hour layover in
Dublin. Will thre be anything to do there? Also, will the airline
hold my bags or do I have to watch them during this time?

TIA
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

wrote in message
I'll be travelling to Scotland and will have a four hour layover in
Dublin. Will thre be anything to do there? Also, will the airline
hold my bags or do I have to watch them during this time?

TIA

Long time since I was in Dublin Airport. I don't remember it as
particularly bad, or good. I doubt if 4 hours gives you time to do
something like going into Dublin - traffic can be interesting.

Which airline is delivering you to Dublin and which is taking you on to
Edinburgh? As far as I can tell Dublin/Edinburgh must be Aer Lingus.
Even if the flight TO Dublin is also Aer Lingus you may find you cannot
check your bag through. Aer Lingus is, these days two rather different
airlines operating under a single name. One operates Long Haul full
service and the other Short Haul low cost. If you are on 2 different
airlines then you will have 2 separate tickets and each ticket is a separate
contract. That means you can't check the bag through and you will have to
pick it up, clear customs, enter Ireland, check in, go though security and
then get your flight - you'll need your 4 hours.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

wrote in message
I'll be travelling to Scotland and will have a four hour layover in
Dublin. Will thre be anything to do there? Also, will the airline
hold my bags or do I have to watch them during this time?

TIA

It won't be four hours if you figure scheduled arrival and next scheduled
departure. Most flights touch ground at the arrival time (Sometimes later).
You'll have taxi time, waiting for the jet bridge, getting off the plane.
Boarding your next flight about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before its departure
time. If you add it all up, you only have about 2 1/2 to 3 hours idle time.
by the time you got out of the airport and back to your gate, you would have
only minutes to do anything. I suggest a nice leisurely dinner at the
airport.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

Dinner or drinks at the bar is the most popular............

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com

Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Both flights will be Aer Lingus.

I wondering if we'll be given our checked bags in Dublin, only to give
them back? Or will the airline ,move my luggage to the connecting
flight?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Missagent1

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

flight?- Hide quoted text -

The Airline should put your bags on your next flight. The airlines
usually only make you pick your bags up if you are more than 5 hours
on your lay over.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Telephone Aer Lingus and ask them!