cheapest flight from new york area to san francisco area?

Old July 20th, 2005, 05:01 PM

Default cheapest flight from new york area to san francisco area?

I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Old July 20th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On 20 Jul 2005 09:01:15 -0700 wrote:

:I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
:21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Try JetBlue.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old July 20th, 2005, 06:01 PM
One Way Ticket

I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august
19th - 21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Try US Air and Southwest. Also take a look at
Orbitz/expedia/travelocity.

There is enough passenger traffic from NY-SF that you should be able to
find an affordable flight. But start looking now, you will also have
better luck if your travel plans can be flexible.

Old July 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Timothy J. Lee

In article . com,
wrote:
I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Try kayak.com and mobissmo.com, which web scrape airline and travel
agent web sites.

Check all three of SFO (on the peninsula near Millbrae / San Bruno),
OAK (in the east bay around Oakland / Alameda), and SJC (in the south
bay near San Jose), though which one is more convenient depends on
your actual destination. Some other airports like Sacramento may be
worth a look if your actual destination is further away in that
direction.

Timothy J. Lee
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Miguel Cruz

I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Binyamin's answer is all you need to know. JetBlue is usually the cheapest
and always the most comfortable on that route. Non-stop flights, comfy
seats, nice snacks, TV in each seat to keep your brain numb until you fall
asleep. http://www.jetblue.com/ With any luck it will be about $250 round
trip.

miguel

Old July 21st, 2005, 07:12 AM
mrtravel

Miguel Cruz wrote:

wrote:

I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Binyamin's answer is all you need to know. JetBlue is usually the cheapest
and always the most

If booked well in advance, it might well be. However, the OP is
traveling on a summer weekend a month away, so other carriers might be
cheaper and/or more convenient. I have seen prices higher on Jet Blue,
Southwest, etc higher than ths legacy carriers, as sometimes people tend
to grab the cheapest fares quickly on the "discount" carriers.
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Miguel Cruz

mrtravel wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
wrote:
I need to go to san francisco for the weekend in august (19th -
21/22nd). Where is the cheapest place to look?

Binyamin's answer is all you need to know. JetBlue is usually the cheapest
and always the most

If booked well in advance, it might well be. However, the OP is
traveling on a summer weekend a month away, so other carriers might be
cheaper and/or more convenient. I have seen prices higher on Jet Blue,
Southwest, etc higher than ths legacy carriers, as sometimes people tend
to grab the cheapest fares quickly on the "discount" carriers.

It's possible, but I'd still make JetBlue the first place I checked. I just
flew them round-trip coast-to-coast on a few days' notice and the fares were
in the $130 each-way range. And in any case it's worth paying more to fly
with them.

miguel
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM

Yes, Jetblue rules.

Kill the legacy airlines.

Jetblue is so comfortable.

The legacies with their stupid hub changes and sensory deprivation
belong on the ash heap of history. And their demanding unionized
workers need to be shown the door to a lifetime of working as walmart
greeters.