Names from the past

Old July 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Reagan

Default Names from the past

Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan
Old July 4th, 2008, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

"Reagan" wrote in message
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

they simply gave up on this NG

Old July 5th, 2008, 12:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air
S Viemeister[_2_]

Jeff wrote:
"Reagan" wrote in message
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

they simply gave up on this NG

I believe that Bill Mattocks made a farewell post, indicating that he
was giving up the constant travel.
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_46_]

S Viemeister wrote:

Jeff wrote:
"Reagan" wrote in message
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

they simply gave up on this NG

I believe that Bill Mattocks made a farewell post, indicating that he
was giving up the constant travel.

Yup, this was post - 9/11, he was so stressed out by all the air travel
mishegoss that he quit his job in disgust...

This group is a pathetic shell of it's former self, virtually all the old
regulars are gone. Vitaly Shmatikov ("VS") and John Kulp are about the only
recognizable names from years past. Oh, and of course the ridiculous
"mrtravel" aka Michael Voight. But he's never been anything but a troll
anyways...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Old July 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
"Reagan" wrote in message
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

they simply gave up on this NG

I believe that Bill Mattocks made a farewell post, indicating that he was
giving up the constant travel.

Bill's goodbye post was on March 1, 2004. He threw in the towel, quit his
job, and said goodbye.

Old July 6th, 2008, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.california
Ron Hamilton

Reagan wrote:
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

How about these names from the past?

Western Airlines
Trans-World Airlines
Pan American World Airways
Pacific Southwest Airlines
Air Cal
Piedmont Airlines
Braniff
Eastern Airlines
National Airlines ("I'm Brenda...fly me!" oooooweeeeee!)
Texas Air
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.california
JohnT[_4_]

"Ron Hamilton" wrote in message
m...
Reagan wrote:
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

How about these names from the past?

Western Airlines
Trans-World Airlines
Pan American World Airways
Pacific Southwest Airlines
Air Cal
Piedmont Airlines
Braniff
Eastern Airlines
National Airlines ("I'm Brenda...fly me!" oooooweeeeee!)
Texas Air

And:
Air 2000
Caledonian
Airtours
Air UK
BEA
BKS
BOAC
Brymon
Channel
Court Line
DanAir (irreverently known as Dan Dare)
GB Airways
Gill Airways
Laker
Northeast Airlines
Silver City
Skyways
Transglobe
Virgin Sun
--
JohnT

Old July 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.california
cmdr buzz corey

On Jul 6, 10:54 am, Ron Hamilton wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Any idea what happened to Bill Mattocks? His posts and trip reports
were so humorous.

What about Helen Rose? Her trip reports were so very informative.

I know neither person personally. I never wrote them or met them in
person, but I was simply nostalgic, and curious.

reagan

How about these names from the past?

Western Airlines
Trans-World Airlines
Pan American World Airways
Pacific Southwest Airlines
Air Cal
Piedmont Airlines
Braniff
Eastern Airlines
National Airlines ("I'm Brenda...fly me!" oooooweeeeee!)
Texas Air

Trans Texas Air (TTA) AKA Tree Top Airlines