How do I avoid looking and acting American while traveling in Europe?

Old June 6th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Maria

Default How do I avoid looking and acting American while traveling in Europe?

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 11:49:59 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:01:36 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, (Maria)
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:48:49 +0200, "tim"
... wrote:
... (You know the joke about how to silence an Italian?)
... Tie his hands behind his back?

Does it silence Prince Charles ?

I was watching him on telly at the D-Day remembrance yesterday. He
looked like a grinning loon!
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Padraig Breathnach

"pencil" wrote:

"Mean Mr Mustard" wrote in message
om...

Any other suggestions?

Lose about 25 stones.

That doesn't mean "get your rocks off". Brits have quaint systems of
weights and measures.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 6th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Turlough

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
Unfortunately, I drew the short straw and will be heading to Europe on
a business trip this summer. Now my primary concern is just making
sure I get through this trip and back to the US safely in one piece.
I figure this will be a challenging task with all the reports of
anti-American protests and assaults on American tourists.

Any other suggestions?

Wear a ManU t-shirt, and a pair of sandals *with* your socks on. That's
all you need. There's plenty of fat, loud talking, rude Europeans about.

Oh, and put the t-shirt and sandals on at the airport. There's no sense
in grossing out your neighbors and the rest of us, beforehand...

Turlough

Old June 6th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Turlough

pencil wrote:

Lose about 25 stones.

If the average Yank lost 25 stone, he'd fall through his arsehole and
hang himself. 20 years ago or so, I spotted a McDonalds in Dublin. I
recall saying to my wife, "Give them a generation or two, and the
Europeans will be sporting the huge arses they accuse us of." I should
have taken up fortune telling...

Turlough

Old June 6th, 2004, 12:53 PM
On-Liner

"JohnT" wrote

15. Order beer in McDonalds, NOT coffee.

Wrong way round.

UK McD's don't serve beer.

Mind you, they barely serve edible food either - or is that McD's in
general?

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Mark

(Mean Mr Mustard) wrote in message om...
Any other suggestions?

Lose 300 pounds?

Mark
Old June 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Turlough

Maria wrote:

Unless he's going to be visiting a car boot.
I've never seen so much lipid tissue wobbling about in my life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3300011.stm

"The number of children with weight problems has doubled in the last two
decades, with nearly one in five 15-year-olds now classed as obese."

Turlough