Sovereign Of The Seas --- Bahamas 4 Day'er

Old September 12th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Mike

Default Sovereign Of The Seas --- Bahamas 4 Day'er

Will be going in March '04. Taking the bro-in-law and his GF. Their
first cruise ... our third. Is this worth the $400/ea. for a 4 niter,
oceanview?

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Spammers will be killed on sight, or
odor, which ever comes first.

M&C Westerdam, 2002 ... Mercury, 2003
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Juliana L Holm

I really like Sovereign of the Seas. It was my first cruise, and my kids
are taking their father in October on a three day.

PLUSSES: It's a nice ship. A little worn around the edges, but it makes
up for it, imho, with some history. When it was built (in 1988 IMHO) it
was the largest ship afloat. It was also the first ship to include a
multi-story atrium, so it was very cutting edge in its day.

It has very nice dining and public rooms, and some nice lounges. I
particularly like the large lounge where they do Karaoke and dancing. They
have a very nice show lounge, it is a show lounge, NOT a theatre.

When we were on, a couple of years ago the CD staff was great, and the
food was good, especially the vegetarian crouquettes and the chocolate
souffle.

NEGATIVES: Rooms, especially inside and standard outside cabins are small
small. small. The ship has short cruises only, so it gets a bit beat up. I
saw lots of maintenance, though.

MIXED: Itinerary. I like leaving out of port canaveral, because it gives
me a chance to visit the space station. Nassau does not thrill me, but I
really like Cococay, which is a lovely private island.

I think SOS is a real good value for your cruising dollar.

Julie

--
Julie