Seattle Hotels

Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Seattle Hotels

We will be sailing on Vision of the Seas in August, 2006 and plan to
spend a couple days in Seattle before or after the cruise. Does anyone
have any recommendations on hotels that are near the dock, or anywhere
in the city that would be good for sightseeing.

Thanks!
Teresa

Old February 4th, 2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I really loved staying at the Inn at the Market last year in Seatte, and
definitely would book it again. Their restaurant Campagne was
super....one of the best meals I've ever had. I had the steak tartare
with the fries (which they fry in duck fat...unreal good), rack of lamb,
tempura green beans and for dessert profiteroles filled with cardamon
ice cream, then I also had the lavender creme brulee. It was unreal good.

Jeff

Old February 4th, 2006, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote in message
ups.com...
We will be sailing on Vision of the Seas in August, 2006 and plan to
spend a couple days in Seattle before or after the cruise. Does anyone
have any recommendations on hotels that are near the dock, or anywhere
in the city that would be good for sightseeing.

Thanks!
Teresa

You didn't give any price range, so perhaps this online guide would be of
help:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6...on-Hotels.html

Old February 4th, 2006, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jeff wrote:
I really loved staying at the Inn at the Market last year in Seatte, and
definitely would book it again. Their restaurant Campagne was
super....one of the best meals I've ever had. I had the steak tartare
with the fries (which they fry in duck fat...unreal good), rack of lamb,
tempura green beans and for dessert profiteroles filled with cardamon
ice cream, then I also had the lavender creme brulee. It was unreal good.

Jeff, that meal sounds absolutely incredible. I will definitely keep
Campagne in mind, if I should ever be lucky enough to find myself in
Seattle again.

Lee

Old February 5th, 2006, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I stayed at Quality Inn on Aurora near the Space Needle and it was a
frickin DUMP. Do not stay there! Stinky cigarette smoke, dirty
curtains, lousy customer service, old furniture. Blech, you get what
you pay for! The bathroom was newer and clean though, and the sheets
were clean. And I didn't see one cockroach, but that doesn't mean they
weren't there. There was a fridge which was nice. Aurora street was
noisy at night but city dwellers are used to that. The convention room
air conditioning was broken and we had a hot summer in the northwest
last August. Surprisingly, the catered meal (outside caterers arranged
by hotel) was excellent. The elevator doors were filthy and the floors.
There is a pool and jacuzzi but wouldn't use it due to level of filth
in hotel. Some guy checked out and he had been living there on a weekly
rate. Need I say more? Normally I stay with friends in Seattle and will
continue to do so next time I'm in town.

~Melanie

Old February 5th, 2006, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Teresa...not an expert, but I lived in SEA for a year 1996-97 and at
that time was employed in hotel management for Hilton. Downtown Seattle
hotels can be very pricey! Especially if there is a city wide
convention. Someone mentioned the Edgewater that is a nice property on
the waterfront, however what do you plan on doing while in the city?
Rates vary and if you want to email me a price range you looking to pay
I can recommend some hotels.

Len...

Old February 15th, 2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Lee -- it is definitely worth going to! They also have a cafe type
thing in the building for more snack kinds of things, but never did make
it to that. Thinking about Alaska again this summer though....

Jeff

Old February 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 2/3/06 8:04 AM LeeNY consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
wrote:

We will be sailing on Vision of the Seas in August, 2006 and plan to
spend a couple days in Seattle before or after the cruise. Does anyone
have any recommendations on hotels that are near the dock, or anywhere
in the city that would be good for sightseeing.

On my one and only trip to Seattle, I stayed at the Edgewater Hotel
which is (duh) right on the edge of the water. In fact, at the time
(this was many, many years ago) they offered free use of fishing poles
for people with water-side rooms and balconies. Pretty funny. Anyway,
it was a beautiful place then, and if I remember, easily within walking
distance of all the waterfront attractions and Pike St. market. And,
they had an EXCEPTIONAL seafood buffet. Here's their website.

http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/

Lee

Thanks!
Teresa

Ah the Edgewater Hotel. Frank Zappa wrote an epic song "Mudshark"
about some legendary goings on of a rock band and one groupie called
"Susie Creamcheese". See if you can find a source to download it. It
might take you back... :-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old February 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 2/2/06 6:18 PM consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
We will be sailing on Vision of the Seas in August, 2006 and plan to
spend a couple days in Seattle before or after the cruise. Does anyone
have any recommendations on hotels that are near the dock, or anywhere
in the city that would be good for sightseeing.

Thanks!
Teresa

If you don't mind splurging a little Hotel Alexa is a great stay. For
starters the bed linen is 500 thread Egyptian Cotton. John Lennon stayed
in one of the rooms that have bathrooms the size of an average hotel
room. Comp toiletries are Aveda which is a six star cosmetics line.
The restaurant is called "The Library" and it really is. Guests are
encouraged to take out books to read. The food and service is excellent.

It's just steps away from the Pike Street Market. All the walls have
original artwork which can be purchased by contacting the front desk.
All rooms come with a work area complete with broadband internet
connection. Even second floor rooms facing main thoroughfares are
quiet. Beds with many pillows and comforters are the most comfortable
I've ever experienced in a hotel. Rack rates are around $400 per night,
but discounts can be found if you dig a little in their web site.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera