help with Alaska stops

Old February 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default help with Alaska stops

Since I have very little knowledge of Alaska I thought some of you that
have sailed Alaska could give me a comparison of a few stops in Alaska.
I only want to sail roundtrip from Seattle and I wanted to do Glacier
Bay. My only choices look like NCL and Celebrity.
I had set my mind made up to go on NCL Star but after reading numerous
reviews about the food I am having second thoughts. I really don't like
that you have to pay for your meals if you want good food.

Also not a big fan of Celebrity.

So if you couldn't go to Glacier Bay what would be your second choice,
Tracy Arm or Hubbard Glacier.

Bill
--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

So if you couldn't go to Glacier Bay what would be your second choice,
Tracy Arm or Hubbard Glacier.

Why don't you go to GB via Holland America? Better line, better service,
ships were bought with the Alaskan venues in mind.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/dest/i...WG007&des t=A

Old February 4th, 2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:
So if you couldn't go to Glacier Bay what would be your second choice,
Tracy Arm or Hubbard Glacier.

Why don't you go to GB via Holland America? Better line, better service,
ships were bought with the Alaskan venues in mind.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/dest/i...WG007&des t=A

Yes that's another option but after doing HAL last summer I found HAL
and I aren't a good match.
With the port intensive cruise I could manage to get by.

I've found we are more Princess, or RCI material. They only offer one
ways which would mean I need open jaw tickets for air that would cost
about $800 x 3. R/T to Seattle I can get air for about $250 x3.

It's tough having champagne taste with a beer budget.

Thank you Sheree for your input as well. :-)

Bill

Old February 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Bill C" wrote in message

Yes that's another option but after doing HAL last summer I found HAL
and I aren't a good match.
With the port intensive cruise I could manage to get by.

I've found we are more Princess, or RCI material. They only offer one
ways which would mean I need open jaw tickets for air that would cost
about $800 x 3. R/T to Seattle I can get air for about $250 x3.

It's tough having champagne taste with a beer budget.

Thank you Sheree for your input as well. :-)

Bill

Bill

What didn't you care for on HAL?

Peter

Old February 5th, 2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Uncle Peter wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

Yes that's another option but after doing HAL last summer I found HAL
and I aren't a good match.
With the port intensive cruise I could manage to get by.

I've found we are more Princess, or RCI material. They only offer one
ways which would mean I need open jaw tickets for air that would cost
about $800 x 3. R/T to Seattle I can get air for about $250 x3.

It's tough having champagne taste with a beer budget.

Thank you Sheree for your input as well. :-)

Bill

Bill

What didn't you care for on HAL?

Peter

I just like a little more activity. A little too sedate for me. By 11pm
the ship was dead.
The service was the best I have ever had out of 13 for sure. Everyone I
encountered was great!

Like I said I could get through the week on HAL with the port intensive
itinerary as I'd need to get to bed early for all the long days.

Bill

Old February 5th, 2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

They only offer one
ways which would mean I need open jaw tickets for air that would cost
about $800 x 3. R/T to Seattle I can get air for about $250 x3.

Not sure who you are referring to...HAL has a boatload of rt's out of
Seattle for the upcoming Alaska season....thru Glacier Bay.

As I understand...it was posted on this board recently...RCI cannot cruise
Glacier Bay due to pollution violations in the past.

Old February 5th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I just like a little more activity. A little too sedate for me. By 11pm
the ship was dead.
The service was the best I have ever had out of 13 for sure. Everyone I
encountered was great!

For any cruise to Alaska, you will find the passenger mix to be younger than
other itineraries.