Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty

Old November 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Peejayodee

Default Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty

On Nov 9, 10:40*am, Ali Ass wrote:
On 11/09/2011 04:26 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali *wrote:
On 11/09/2011 03:10 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg – 2 hours 40 minutes ago

* * * *
* * * *
* * * * Share1
* * * * Email
* * * * Print

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will
join Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to
implement austerity measures

Two cents isn't exactly "plunging". When the dollar goes back to where
it was when the EUR was introduced, we'll have something. Course, we all
know that both Bush Presidents LIED and said they wanted a strong dollar
and the first Bush had the lowest dollar vs. the ECU (now called the
EUR) and the second Bush almost brought it down to the same level. When
Clinton was President, the dollar was quite strong vs. European
currencies and the ECU.

--
Ali Ass

Better point that out to Bloomberg, Ali Ass

You posted the drivel and feel the need to change my nym in a childish
manner which, of course, says more about you than me.

Euro plunges against greenback Bloomberg

Two cents is hardly "plunging".

--
Ali Ass

"Italy on the Brink as Borrowing Costs Soar: Merkel Calls for 'New
Europe'"
Reuters
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Peejayodee

On Nov 9, 12:19*pm, Johannes Kleese wrote:
* *Euro plunges against greenback Bloomberg

*Two cents is hardly "plunging".

Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 1 million Euros
vs USD yesterday would have made almost 20 thousand Euros in one
single day.

Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 100 million Euros
vs USD three years ago would have lost almost 7 million Euros.

**** happens

Wrong.

That particular investor could only have only lost what he paid for
the put option in the event it expired wothless on expiration.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
abelard

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali *wrote:
[...]

i advise you to keep close touch with
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...ans_pritchard/

he is one of the very few fossil media scribblers who actually
understands the mess the euro is in

from today's item
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...to-submission/
"One can understand German worries about money printing – and
especially the loss of fiscal sovereignty and democratic control – but
matters have already moved on. It is too late for that.

As for the EU authorities with their mad contractionary fiscal and
monetary policies in an accelerating slump, they seem to have achieved
little by toppling two elected governments in one week.

In Italy they have already made matters worse. I doubt that much will
change with "technocratic governments" in either Greece and Italy, yet
immense damage has been done to democratic accountability.

The EU Project has become both dangerous and insane."

regards

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc over 1 million document calls in year past
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Alias[_2_]

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali wrote:
On 11/09/2011 03:10 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg – 2 hours 40 minutes ago

*
*
[...]

True but had it been a real plunge of say, 50 cents ... also,
hindsight's 20-20 and you're nearly going blind.

If it was in a tax free, self directed retirement account there would
be zero tax on that 20 thousand Euros, Ali Ass.

How childish of you to think you're being cut and clever with your "Ali
Ass" crap. What's this about your fascination with my ass, sport?

--
Alias
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Alias[_2_]

On 11/09/2011 06:22 PM, abelard wrote:
bush2 is the best president you had in decades

LOL! Good one!

--
Alias
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
abelard

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:59:12 +0100, Alias
wrote:

How childish of you to think you're being cut and clever with your "Ali
Ass" crap. What's this about your fascination with my ass, sport?

not many people travel that way nowadays, is that how you travel
to collect your food stamps?

you could always eat it

Old November 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Alias[_2_]

wrote:

How childish of you to think you're being cut and clever with your "Ali
Ass" crap. What's this about your fascination with my ass, sport?

not many people travel that way nowadays, is that how you travel
to collect your food stamps?

No food stamps in the country I live in. Oops.

you could always eat it

No thanks.

--
Alias
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
David Hatunen[_2_]

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 06:10:13 -0800, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg โ€“ 2 hours 40 minutes ago

***

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will join
Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to implement
austerity measures

Plunge? Oh, come now. The euro is currently at $1.36; yesterday it was at
$1.2762. It'w been between $1.3756 and $1.3799 since 2 November. the
biggest recent "plunge" was between 31 October at $1.4142 and 2 November
at $1.3756.

"Plunge"??! Phah!

Let me know when it "plunges" to $0.89 like it was when I was in Europe
in around 2000 (I wish I'd bought lots of euros then).

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Peejayodee

On Nov 9, 1:09ย*pm, David Hatunen wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 06:10:13 -0800, Peejayodee wrote:
Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg โ€“ 2 hours 40 minutes ago

***

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will join
Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to implement
austerity measures

Plunge? Oh, come now. The euro is currently at $1.36; yesterday it was at
$1.2762. It'w been between $1.3756 and $1.3799 since 2 November. the
biggest recent "plunge" was between 31 October at $1.4142 and 2 November
at $1.3756.

"Plunge"??! Phah!

Let me know when it "plunges" to $0.89 like it was when I was in Europe
in around 2000 (I wish I'd bought lots of euros then).

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona

google news search:

Euro Plunges Versus Dollar on Italy, Greece Leadership Struggles
โ€Ž
San Francisco Chronicle - 1 hour ago
Nov. 9 (Bloomberg) -- The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid
concern Italy will join Greece in struggling to form a new regime
strong enough to ...
In-Depth: Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek
Leadership ...โ€Ž Bloomberg
Ldn FX: Euro Plunges As Italian Bonds Get Sold Offโ€Ž MNI News
all 12503 news articles ยป
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:38 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Johannes Kleese

Default Two-Pizza Euro Plunge Against U.S. Dollar

Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 1 million Euros
vs USD yesterday would have made almost 20 thousand Euros in one
single day.

Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 100 million Euros
vs USD three years ago would have lost almost 7 million Euros.

**** happens

Wrong.

That particular investor couldblabla

Particular? Ok, my fault, I should have known you won't get the point.

Your earnings are 100% hypothetical. Even your assumption any ordinary
guy would have a million to spare for a day is a joke. Thus are your "20
thousand Euros". Meaningless. Why didn't you take 100 million - that's a
bigger number after all?

If you want to be realistic, make that a put option on 1000 Euros and
your giant "plunge" is worth a mere 20 โ‚ฌ. That's two pizzas, one for
Martin and one for me.
And then we'd still have to pay extra for the clairvoyant to tell us if
the market goes up or down just tomorrow.

Anyway. Since you're hating Europe that much, it's fun to see you use
Euros for your investments. Weren't able to find any other safe
currency, were you?