Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty

Old November 9th, 2011, 11:28 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
John Rennie

Default Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty

On 09/11/2011 18:09, David Hatunen wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 06:10:13 -0800, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg – 2 hours 40 minutes ago

***

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will join
Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to implement
austerity measures

Plunge? Oh, come now. The euro is currently at $1.36; yesterday it was at
$1.2762. It'w been between $1.3756 and $1.3799 since 2 November. the
biggest recent "plunge" was between 31 October at $1.4142 and 2 November
at $1.3756.

"Plunge"??! Phah!

Let me know when it "plunges" to $0.89 like it was when I was in Europe
in around 2000 (I wish I'd bought lots of euros then).

It will plunge when the European Central Bank decides to resort to
'quantitative easing'* when it becomes impossible to bail out Italy
with present funds. Unless of course Italy, Spain, Portugal etc.
decide to leave the eurozone.

*print money.
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:37 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
abelard

Default increasing euro plunging against dollar....

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:10:13 -0800 (PST), Peejayodee
wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg 2 hours 40 minutes ago

*
*
* Share1
* Email
* Print

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will
join Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to
implement austerity measures

the euro is still dropping...over 3 cents so far, 2 1/4 %

regards

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc over 1 million document calls in year past
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:10 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
SNORDO

"abelard" wrote in message
: On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:02:43 +0100, Alias
: wrote:
:
: On 11/09/2011 08:12 PM, Peejayodee wrote:
: On Nov 9, 1:38 pm, Johannes wrote:
: Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 1 million
Euros
: vs USD yesterday would have made almost 20 thousand Euros in one
: single day.
:
: Hindsight: Anyone buying an in the money put option on 100 million Euros
: vs USD three years ago would have lost almost 7 million Euros.
:
: **** happens
:
: Wrong.
:
: That particular investor couldblabla
:
: Particular? Ok, my fault, I should have known you won't get the point.
:
: Your earnings are 100% hypothetical. Even your assumption any ordinary
: guy would have a million to spare for a day is a joke. Thus are your "20
: thousand Euros". Meaningless. Why didn't you take 100 million - that's a
: bigger number after all?
:
: If you want to be realistic, make that a put option on 1000 Euros and
: your giant "plunge" is worth a mere 20 ?. That's two pizzas, one for
: Martin and one for me.
: And then we'd still have to pay extra for the clairvoyant to tell us if
: the market goes up or down just tomorrow.
:
: Anyway. Since you're hating Europe that much, it's fun to see you use
: Euros for your investments. Weren't able to find any other safe
: currency, were you?
:
: Currency speculators can normally margin currencies at 50 to 1. Look
: it up.
:
: This means the investor puts up 20,000 euros to cover 1 million euros.
: Do the math
:
: An investor speculating in put and call options on currency futures
: can structure a currency investment either on the upside or downside
: with even more leverage
:
: How come you don't mention margin calls?
:
: because no-one expected you to know about them!!
:

not everyone is as stupid as you are lardass,

or git the mule to **** your wife, lord knows she needs a dick she can feel

Old November 10th, 2011, 06:11 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
SNORDO

: wrote:
:
: Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
: Bloomberg| Bloomberg - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
:
: *
: *
: * Share1
: * Email
: * Print
:
: The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will
: join Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to
: implement austerity measures
:
:
: the euro is still dropping...over 3 cents so far, 2 1/4 %
:
:
: regards

how that mule be doin ?

Old November 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
مدفوعpjz

On Nov 9, 10:40*am, Ali Ass wrote:
On 11/09/2011 04:26 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali *wrote:
On 11/09/2011 03:10 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg 2 hours 40 minutes ago

* * * *
* * * *
* * * * Share1
* * * * Email
* * * * Print

The euro dropped against the dollar and yen amid concern Italy will
join Greece in struggling to form a new regime strong enough to
implement austerity measures

Two cents isn't exactly "plunging". When the dollar goes back to where
it was when the EUR was introduced, we'll have something. Course, we all
know that both Bush Presidents LIED and said they wanted a strong dollar
and the first Bush had the lowest dollar vs. the ECU (now called the
EUR) and the second Bush almost brought it down to the same level. When
Clinton was President, the dollar was quite strong vs. European
currencies and the ECU.

--
Ali Ass

Better point that out to Bloomberg, Ali Ass

You posted the drivel and feel the need to change my nym in a childish
manner which, of course, says more about you than me.

Euro plunges against greenback Bloomberg

Two cents is hardly "plunging".

--
Ali Ass

Perhaps you will find the terminology applied by Reuters on the Euro
less offensive today, Ali Ass.

World stocks, euro tumble on Italy, EZ break-up fears

Reuters 29 minutes ago

"...The single currency suffered its sharpest daily fall in 15 months
on Wednesday...."
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
PJ O'Donovan[_5_]

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you will find the terminology applied by Reuters to the Euro less
offensive today, Ali Ass
World stocks, euro tumble on Italy, EZ break-up fears

Reuters 29 minutes ago

"...The single currency suffered its sharpest daily fall in 15 months on
Wednesday...."

--
All service http://gall.mine.nu
STUNNEL with Compression and SSL is Enable on this news://gall.mine.nu

Old November 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Alias[_2_]

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali wrote:
[...]

But that's only because the exchange rate has stayed pretty steady until
yesterday. The dollar has fallen one cent today so far. Words like
"plunge" and "tumble" are just hyperbole.

--
Alias
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
Alias[_2_]

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali wrote:
[...]

Is there an echo in here? You've posted the same crap with two different
nyms. So, when are you going to grow up and stop using third grade
tactics in changing my nym?

--
Alias
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.europe,uk.politics.misc
مدفوعpjz

On Nov 9, 9:33 am, Ali * *wrote:
On 11/09/2011 03:10 PM, Peejayodee wrote:

Euro Plunges Against U.S. Dollar on Italian, Greek Uncertainty
Bloomberg| Bloomberg – 2 hours 40 minutes ago

* * * **
* * * **
* * * ** Share1
* * * ** Email