Sydney Airport to City - best way?

Old April 7th, 2005, 04:59 AM
David Bennetts

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:53:36 +0100, "RaT" wrote:

One thing to bear in mind with KST is that they do not operate to a
timetable. They will sit there and wait until the bus is full, this
can be anywhere up to about 20-30 minutes if it is quiet. You will
also go all over the place dropping everyone else off, if yours will
be the last drop, so you could waste a heap of time.

I would be going the cab with luggage and train without.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Same here Dave. Murphy's Law always seems to apply with shuttles, your
hotel is always the last for drop-off and first for pick-up. You spend
about 15 minutes in stop go peak hour traffic and travel 5 kilometres to
find yourself at the hotel across the street from yours. You stuff around
whilst waiting for other passengers. You cram in poky seats in a minibus
with obnoxious, inane sweaty fellow passengers and endure an hour of
un-necessary torture at the end of a long flight. No way! Especially when
you have a fellow passenger to share a taxi.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Ian S.....

This mail & any attachments have been
scanned by the latest definitions from
Norton Anti-Virus............... http://www.symantec.com/index.htm
"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
| On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:53:36 +0100, "RaT" wrote:
|
| Thanks for all the replies. The most convenient way is generally a cab,
not
| always the cheapest. I have found some info on shared buses on
| http://www.kst.com.au/
|
| thanks for that. Seems that will be good value as it is $14 each return.
| Seems very good compared to a cab?
|
| One thing to bear in mind with KST is that they do not operate to a
| timetable. They will sit there and wait until the bus is full, this
| can be anywhere up to about 20-30 minutes if it is quiet. You will
| also go all over the place dropping everyone else off, if yours will
| be the last drop, so you could waste a heap of time.
|
| I would be going the cab with luggage and train without.
|
| Dave

You still have to cab it from central to the Rocks if you use the
train..............
Ian S.............

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Ian S.....

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Ian S.....

Old April 8th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Geoff Lillico

Not quite true - the airport to city train goes direct to Circular Quay
which is a walkable distance to The Rocks - BUT not with luggage!

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com