Extent of British flooding?

Old August 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Extent of British flooding?

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
Hello, I am travelling to Britain in the beginning of September, planning
to visit Yorkshire and Cumbria. Has the flooding been a problem there?
My own internet research doesn't come up with a map of affected areas.
RSVP,

Hull was the hardest hit.

I was in town the day it happened.

All the roads were reopened within three days.

None of the major tourist attraction in Yorkshire were affected except small
parts of Pickering where a bridge was damaged.

By the time you get here it should all be long over and almost forgotten.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:20:45 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
Hello, I am travelling to Britain in the beginning of September,
planning
to visit Yorkshire and Cumbria. Has the flooding been a problem there?
My own internet research doesn't come up with a map of affected areas.
RSVP,

Hull was the hardest hit.

I was in town the day it happened.

All the roads were reopened within three days.

None of the major tourist attraction in Yorkshire were affected except
small
parts of Pickering where a bridge was damaged.

I didn't know that. In all the griping I have seen about how yet again
Pickering
has been ignored/forgoten nobody mentioned a damaged bridge.

Pickering centre was seriously wet.

Debris washed down stream seems to have smashed into a small bridge on a not
very important road and the people who live down the road aren't happy that
they've got to walk home instead driving their shopping laden motor cars
into their drive for a month or so.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:28:53 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

Debris washed down stream seems to have smashed into a small bridge on a
not
very important road and the people who live down the road aren't happy
that
they've got to walk home instead driving their shopping laden motor cars
into their drive for a month or so.

and the bridge between the car park and the supermarket?

No idea.

The only time I go into Pickering is to the incredibly cheap auctions at
Bolton and Cooper's auction house there...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old August 13th, 2007, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Terry Richards

Default British blackberries Extent of British flooding?

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message

Do other countries in Europe have this wild blackberry hedge phenomenon
like Britain does?

Loads of them here in Brittany. They are way behind this year though. We
would normally expect to start picking about now and they are still little
hard green lumps.

T.

Old August 16th, 2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2007-08-13 00:33:45 -0500, "Terry Richards"
said:

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message

Do other countries in Europe have this wild blackberry hedge phenomenon
like Britain does?

Loads of them here in Brittany. They are way behind this year though. We
would normally expect to start picking about now and they are still little
hard green lumps.

Way cool, Brittany is on The List.

Does Brittany have the idyllic countryside of Britain?

Also, given its heritage does it have things like stone circles and
barrows and such?

T.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)

Old August 16th, 2007, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Terry Richards

Way cool, Brittany is on The List.

Does Brittany have the idyllic countryside of Britain?

No, it's much nicer. And there's a lot more of it.

Also, given its heritage does it have things like stone circles and
barrows and such?

You can barely spit without hitting one. Google Carnac for one example. And
here are many more less famous examples.

T.