Travel Lodge on BBC TV

Old October 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

Default Travelodge on BBC TV

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:35:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

all the "experts", who lose money at auctions every week. I don't believe most of the
estimated values on Antiques Road Show any more.

Hmmmm - I think what you have here belongs to the Mee - Xi dynasty...
let's see, slighly crumpled, faint aroma of fast food, and you say you
found it at the bottom of the broom cupboard when you bought the
property?....... it's priceless.

Keith, Bristol, UK

Email: usenet[dot]20[dot]keefy[at]spamgourmet[dot]com

A spamtrap - but I'll get your mail
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Vainglorious

Default Travel Lodge on BBC TV

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:52:23 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:17:04 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the royal duchy of city south and deansgate) wrote:

Martin wrote:

Put me off ever using them again

What was the problem?

Overbooking.

That's it?

I thought maybe Haitian junkies were wiping their dicks on the
curtains or something.

- TR

Old October 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jim Ley

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:46:33 +0200, Martin wrote:

Johann
http://www.leidschdagblad.nl/nieuws/...ece?secId=1214

Do the girls behind the bar wear dirndls and yodel "just like they do
in Austria"?

No yodelling, dirndls though...

Was it any good?

It wasn't bad, for 4something euros for the 4 of us, real sized beers
(even if only grolsch and grolsch brown) nothing special, but cheap
and tasty.

Jim.
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jim Ley

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:38:53 +0200, Martin wrote:

Was it full of tobacco smoke?

Nope, but it was pretty quiet, it was pretty late for holland.

Jim.
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:26:53 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the royal duchy of city south and deansgate) wrote:

So, if 3 out of 5 of their bookings get bumped, why have I never been
bumped, turning up often late at night?

I don't know where you get the 3 out of 5 thing from. Travelodge,
according to the URL (look for their response) that JohnT posted, claim
that 1 in 10,000 customers was affected adversely, which I'd assume
meant couldn't get a room _anywhere_.

The explanation is that the risk of getting bumped goes up
precipitously as the evening advances. 1 out of 10000 customers get
bumped, but it's possible that 3 out of 5 who arrive after midnight
get bumped. The BBC article stated that they deliberately arrived late
to test the overbooking situation.

I generally make a habit of calling hotels earlier in the day if I
plan to arrive late. It can happen at any hotel, especially at some of
the cheap hotels I use where I haven't used a credit card to make the
reservation. If they have one vacant room at 8PM whose supposed
occupant hasn't been heard from and somebody walks in off the street
looking for a room, they're likely to decide that the reservation
isn't going to be honored.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it