First Princess cruise

Old August 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default First Princess cruise

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:22:26 -0700, RayC wrote:

On 8/2/2012 6:25 PM, Jr. wrote:

The patter thing was the fault of your cabin steward. You should have
said something.

They gave us a comment sheet on the third day and I made that comment
on it. They gave the excuse that the Patter was printed daily and not
available until later. But from then on, the cabin steward brought it
about 8 pm - not right after dinner but I think as soon as he could. I
don't think the lateness was his fault at all.

Absolutely right! On one of our cruises, we had a similar problem so on
the second day we sent down to the front desk to adjust our "tips".
They asked why and we told them. From that point on, we had the paper
on time, our cabin cleaned twice, LOTS of fresh fruit and ice in the
bucket. GREAT service when they know you are paying attention!

Our cabin steward greeted us the first day and I had no complaints at
all about his service except for the delivery of the Patter.
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 17:10:55 -0400, Brian K
wrote:

On portions...better too much than not enough.

Not really. If there is not enough on a ship, you can ask for more. I
usually eat whatever is in front of me - my mother conditioned me to
clean my plate. But although I almost never have a problem with
reflux, I was having a lot of it at the beginning of this cruise until
I figured out that I didn't need to eat all of what was on my plate or
in some cases, order only two items from the menu instead of three.

On 7/31/2012 11:22 PM, wrote:

The food was good in some spots and not so good in other spots. I
felt that the portions were too big.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:22:29 PM UTC-4, grandma R wrote:
Just finished my first Princess cruise on the Dawn Princess.

I don't know whether the flaws I found are specific to the ship or if
they are fleet wide.

[BIG SNIP]

The food was good in some spots and not so good in other spots. I
felt that the portions were too big. I usually but not always got
help in the Lido.

One thing I always liked about the small potions on cruises I have gone on, is:

(1) I don`t feel guilty about wasting food if I return a meal I don`t like.

(2) I don`t get stuffed just eating a full course so I can add eny extra items that sound interesting.

(3) Related to #2, I don't sleepy and thus can stay up late.

(4) Also related to #2 double orders of lobster or grilled salmon is always a go!
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Virginia Dalton

apparently you didnt know that cruise ships have the biggest followers
of fish in the world..
The cruise ships cannot store left over food so over board it
goes...therefore , the fish come in and eat it up.
Wish I had a huge doggie bag when I was on my cruise..lol