Terrorism and tourism

Old May 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Cruising Chrissy

Default Terrorism and tourism

:

I was on a new, much-heralded ship from Cunard, an American company
owned by an Israeli-born American with British-flagged vessels. I was
going to London, which has had their share of terrorist activity over
the years.

The tandem crossing of the QE2 and the QM2 was heralded by much media
hoopla. Before we left the pier, there were groups of National
Guardsmen and search dogs looking through trash containers onboard and
at the pier. There was a New York City Police Harbor boat
approximately every one hundred feet on either side of both ships as
we sailed down the Hudson. That there were local police, Coast Guard
and federal helicopters and boats lining our route from the pier to
the open seas was enough to give anyone the idea that we were a
perfect terrorist target. It was not something that had escaped me
before boarding.

Karen

On 14 May 2004 00:57:27 GMT, ojunk (Dick
Goldhaber) wrote

IMHO short of another hijacked jetliner crashing into your 151,000 ton ship,
the only time you were in harm's way was on the pier in New York and between
the ship and the airport in London.

Hey, can't argue with ultimate stupidity, Karens.
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Howie

CupCaked wrote:

Cruising Chrissy wrote:

Hey, can't argue with ultimate stupidity, Karens.

Don't normally catch your drift with my killfile, but that's exactly why
no one on rtc will argue with you.

Of course, I disagree with Dick, having seen the extremely heightened
protection the two ships were given, but he can certainly believe what
he wants.

Karen

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)