can you recommend any good timeshare books/timeshare ebooks?

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default can you recommend any good timeshare books/timeshare ebooks?

Hello

My brothers have expressed interest in getting into timeshare

So I was thinking of getting them timeshare related items. whether they
be books or videos. anything to get started really.

Can you recommend any good timeshare books or ebooks that I can buy?
What
is a good easy book to understand for beginners.

Thanking you very much
lee
http://timesharetimes.blogspot.com/

Old July 10th, 2006, 11:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

wrote:
My brothers have expressed interest in getting into timeshare
So I was thinking of getting them timeshare related items. whether they
be books or videos. anything to get started really.

How about "TIMESHARES FOR DUMMIES, AND ONLY DUMMIES.

http://www.scambusters.org/timeshare.html
http://www.timeshare.org.uk/scams.html
http://www.funforall.co.uk/timeshare/Scams.htm

If you MUST buy a timeshare - buy a resale (and pay far less than half
the original price)- let the first sucker take the big loss. Then you
are only the second sucker and will have a much smaller loss.

(example)
"...With over 50% of (UK) timeshare owners wanting to sell and less than
2% actual resales being made each year, the chance of making a sale AT
ANY PRICE, is slim. Those who do succeed in making a sale only receive
a very low price. And for an "urgent" sale, prices can be even lower.
Some weeks are totally worthless. Canal boat timeshare is notoriously
difficult to sell and holiday club membership is worthless. As a guide,
expect to receive no more than 15% of the price you originally paid if
you bought from a developer or marketing company at the resort - in a
few cases slightly more, in many cases a great deal less. Anyone who
tries to persuade you that it is worth a lot more is setting you up for
a scam! But if you originally bought from an owner (perhaps through a
reseller) then the loss should be modest. ..."

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/sell_web.html

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l