Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass market cruising

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Steve Hayes

Default Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass market cruising

Howard,
I would eliminate the following:
The PHOTOGRAPHERS.
All forms of blatant advertising.
Canned music.
Plastic plates and plastic glassware.
Poor sightlines in showrooms.

BTW, I am on the Coral Princess as we speak and have all of the above.
The ship still has MANY positives which I love and will go into detail
later.
Steve Hayes

Howard Garland wrote in message ...
As most of you know, I am hooked on mass market cruising. I love the
newer big ships, with their soaring atria, fully equipped gyms, rock
climbing walls, laser displays in showrooms, etc. Nevertheless, there
are a large number of things that I would eliminate from the current
cruise experience if I were "king for a day". Here are a few that come
to mind, in no particular order:

Ice and fruit carving demonstrations, exhibitions, and parades.
Those poor excuse for "baked" alaska parades.
Constant advertising, whether on my stateroom loudspeaker or on (under)
my stateroom door.
Cruise directors with loud, shrill voices.
Cruise social staff who waste so much of my precious deck party time
trying to teach me how to have fun.
Passenger talent shows.
Hairy chest, sexy leg, knobby knee, and all other passenger contests.
Fashion shows by the pool.
Waiters singing O Solo Mio, God Bless America, etc.

I am interested to know what some of you would eliminate from current
cruise line protocol, if you could.

Old September 16th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Ermalee

Howard Garland wrote:

Rich Cacace wrote:

Of course I can do without the baggy jeans, sneakers & baseball hats!

Hey Rich, that's nor fair. I give you freedom of choice and you dis my
preferred manner of dress on all but formal nights.

Howard, I personally prefer your manner of dress around the pool.

Ermalee
Old September 16th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Rich Cacace

Oh it's fine with me if you like that sort of thing but it's just a little
to much dress down for my taste.

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:17 AM

Default Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass marketcru...

Smoking, why do my lungs and throat have to suffer. I like the Paradise
but wish to enjoy other ships without having to gasp for air.

Old September 16th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Becca

We returned to our cabin and continued to enjoy the show
out on our balcony until sunrise.

Howard, I also watched the meteor shower from the balcony. Sammy did
not join me, he slept through it.

Becca -----had a wonderful time on the Legend...

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
Old September 17th, 2003, 02:10 AM
FeAudrey

Default Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass market

In article ,
says...

I would settle for just ONE smoke free bar on a ship.

How about a music-free bar?

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,
too)!