Posting complaints about Carnival

Old December 30th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Surfer E2468

We have cruised 34 times,only once on carnival,did not like it then,and
do not want to sail on it again,it is too bad they control so many
cruise lines.
surfer e2468

Old December 30th, 2004, 01:58 AM
jsmith

jgfan8 wrote:

Have been very satisfied with my 5 Carnival cruises. Tried Princess
before they were bought by Carnival and was very disappointed with food
and service.

Having said that, I would never sail out of San Juan at this time of
year. Too many horror stories about all the cruise lines, not just
Carnival, when it comes to sailing out of San Juan.

Good advise.
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Surfer E2468

Our experience with carnival was party party,and drink til you drop

Old December 30th, 2004, 02:46 AM
jsmith

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104360077.8d76ec172dc0e3845bf6c943b24f9fb3@s onicnews...

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival
Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival
ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

Of our 27 cruises, ten have been on Carnival...I think we enjoyed the
Inspiration, Sensation and the Conquest the most...The food on the Conquest,
both in the dining room and buffet, was the very best that we have had on
any cruise line...the deck configuration and the smoking were the negatives
on the Conquest...

We have taken the Destiny twice because she had two different itineraries
that we were interested in...Though she is not our favorite, she was
enjoyable and we had no complaints about her.

I think it is unfair to say ALL ships of any particular cruise line are
either all good or all bad...Much depends on the passenger mix, itinerary,
service, weather, friendliness of the crew and pax, the ship configuration
and your expectations...Those expectations are not always the same and many
times governed by your mood or attitude...especially if you are the type
that allows yourself to get upset over minor things...there again, what may
be minor to me, may be major to someone else and vice versa...I just don't
allow one or two things color my whole opinion of a ship or cruise
experience...

--Jean

Having cruised for over 20 years, the transition from smaller friendlier
ships to these Goliath mega-ships leads me to the conclusion that the
quality of cruising is going decidedly down hill.
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Mark

This is an interesting thread and one that I, a newbie to cruising, am
very interested in.

I have skimmed through the various posts in this thread and I haven't
read anywhere one way or another on what people are complaining about.
Having only travelled on the Celebrity Mercury to Alaska, I can't say
much on what's a good cruise, but I had many complaints about this
ship (lack of quiet cabins) and service. Therefore, I would like to
hear more about complaints on Carnival.

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104360077.8d76ec172dc0e3845bf6c943b24f9fb3@s onicnews...
: Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival
Destiny
: I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival
ships,
: most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of
other
: experiences involving this cruise line.
:
:

Old December 30th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104374309.a7e1f3f81017a03daf9c57374072d6f0@s onicnews...
Having cruised for over 20 years, the transition from smaller friendlier
ships to these Goliath mega-ships leads me to the conclusion that the
quality of cruising is going decidedly down hill.

I find it refreshing to go on a smaller ship, myself..My favorites were the
Pacific Princess, which we sailed twice and the Ren size ships...Easy to
maneuver about and they had a more close knit staff of crew and officers
making it very pleasant...After being on one of the behemoths, I feel that I
have not really gotten to know the ship very well, especially if it is just
a seven day cruise...Too large of an area to explore and enjoy in such a
short time!

I want to try the Horizon, Galaxy or Century one day to see if they have
that "small ship feel" that I often miss.

--Jean

Old December 30th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Jimmie

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104360077.8d76ec172dc0e3845bf6c943b24f9fb3@s onicnews...
Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival
Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival
ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

We sailed on the Carnival Glory earlier this year. Enjoyed every moment.
It was our third cruise. We expect to sail with Glory again.
Jimmie

Old December 30th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Tom & Linda

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104374309.a7e1f3f81017a03daf9c57374072d6f0@s onicnews...
Having cruised for over 20 years, the transition from smaller friendlier
ships to these Goliath mega-ships leads me to the conclusion that the
quality of cruising is going decidedly down hill.

I find it refreshing to go on a smaller ship, myself..My favorites were
the Pacific Princess, which we sailed twice and the Ren size ships...Easy
to maneuver about and they had a more close knit staff of crew and
officers making it very pleasant...After being on one of the behemoths, I
feel that I have not really gotten to know the ship very well, especially
if it is just a seven day cruise...Too large of an area to explore and
enjoy in such a short time!

I want to try the Horizon, Galaxy or Century one day to see if they have
that "small ship feel" that I often miss.

--Jean

Horizon is nearly identical to Zenith, so you probably wouldn't like it.

Galaxy and Century are the same size as the Princess Sun Class ships.
They're not small by any means.

--Tom

Old December 30th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Paul Hoffman

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104374309.a7e1f3f81017a03daf9c57374072d6f0@s onicnews...

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival
Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival
ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

I have read at least 29 posts in this thread, at least two of which,
specifically asked you for reasons you did not enjoy the cruise. Instead of
giving answers you gave flippant remarks. This leads to me to believe you
never even went on the cruise, or maybe you are a troll. We are booked on
this cruise for May , and nothing anyone says here is going to ruin it for
me. We are taking our kids and their significant others, to celebrate our
30th anniversary.

Incidentally we sailed out of San Juan in Aug of this year and had no
problems with the pax mix on the Golden Princess.

Paul

Paul Hoffman or