Fort Lauderdale Hotels

Old May 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Deb[_2_]

Default Fort Lauderdale Hotels

I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for
November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel in that area??
Preferably with airport/ cruiseport shuttle?? Thanks,
Debbie
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rog'

"Deb" wrote:
I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale
area for November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a
hotel in that area?? Preferably with airport/ cruiseport shuttle??

There are several near the port that frovide free shuttles, like the
Hampton Inn - Ft.Lauderdale Airport, Holiday Inn Express -
Air/Sea Port, and Sleep Inn & Suites - Ft.Lauderdale Airport.
There are several good resort-hotels nearby, like the Hyatt's
Pier 66, Sheraton's Yankee Clipper or the Bahia Mar that do
not, but taxis are only $10-15.

Old May 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
dparkaa

We recently stayed at the Bahia Mar Hotel in the beach area of Ft
Lauderdale. The cab fare to the port was only 9.70 plus tip. I wouldnt let
the shuttle be my deciding factor on what hotel or what area I stayed. You
can get great deals in the beach or downtown area on priceline.
news

Old May 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

In the past, i have used Ameri-suites . They do have a shuttle to the
port. The rooms are large and have a small sitting area and a mini
kitchen with microwave, fridge, sink and dishes. large Tv, visible from
bed and sofa aand of course, PC connection. They offer a full breakfast
with pastries, juice, eggs and wafles. We have paid under $100 per night

There are several restaurants nearby. Within walking distance.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 20, 7:19 am, Deb wrote:
I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for
November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel in that area??
Preferably with airport/ cruiseport shuttle?? Thanks,
Debbie

Embassy Suites (Hilton) offers free Happy Hour Bar with snacks and
free breakfast (hot and cold items cooked to order). The rooms offer
seperate livingroom & bedroom (each with a tv) frig & wet bar. One
side of the hotel looks over the port of Ft. Lauderdale. The do offer
free cruise shuttle to the pier but not back. No airport shuttle.
They have a nice swimming pool and on site restaurant.

Old May 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 5/20/2007 7:19 AM Deb exclaimed:
I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for
November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel in that area??
Preferably with airport/ cruiseport shuttle?? Thanks,
Debbie

Although a little older, I like the Sheraton Yankee Trader. The place
recently had a makeover and upgrade in some areas. It's right on the
beach and has an elevated walkway from the pool to the beach. It is
within walking distance of several restaurants. There are free airport
and cruise port shuttles. Although you can also take a cab to the
cruise port for only a few dollars. This part of thee beach is very
close to the 17th Street bridge. The entrance to the cruise port is
about one block away from the 17th street bridge.

The sister hotel, Yankee Clipper is even closer to the cruise port, and
you don't have to navigate A1A to get to the beach. The only downside
to the Yankee Clipper is that it's a bit more of a hike to get to some
of the restaurants. You end up taking a cab.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

I'm booked there for June 16th. They charged me an extra $6 for the shuttle.
Since there are 4 of us it's only $1.50 each.

Bill

Bill,. I found out on my first stay at this hotel that the shuttle
is free. Yet they do offer rooms with the "extra charge" for the
"free" shuttle. Live and learn. All you have to do is reserve space
on one of the many shuttles when you check in.

Old May 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 21, 2:10 am, Brian K wrote:
On 5/20/2007 7:19 AM Deb exclaimed:
The sister hotel, Yankee Clipper is even closer to the cruise port, and
you don't have to navigate A1A to get to the beach. The only downside
to the Yankee Clipper is that it's a bit more of a hike to get to some
of the restaurants. You end up taking a cab.

I stayed here last Dec. and don't think I would stay at the
Yankee Clipper again. The rooms are very old and in need of some
major work. The entire hotel has a musty odor. The only plus is its
right next to the Marriott Harbor beach where we ended up using their
pool deck duing our stay. We also ate the Harbor Beach. The only
other closest restaurant is about a 10 minute walk away. I really
don't suggest the Yankee Clipper unless you don't mind run down hotel
properties. The price is not bad @ $125/night in season.

Old May 21st, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:
On May 20, 7:19 am, Deb wrote:
I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for
November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel in that area??
Preferably with airport/ cruiseport shuttle?? Thanks,
Debbie

Embassy Suites (Hilton) offers free Happy Hour Bar with snacks and
free breakfast (hot and cold items cooked to order). The rooms offer
seperate livingroom & bedroom (each with a tv) frig & wet bar. One
side of the hotel looks over the port of Ft. Lauderdale. The do offer
free cruise shuttle to the pier but not back. No airport shuttle.
They have a nice swimming pool and on site restaurant.

I agree with Rick about the Embassy Suites being a very good choice.
Their hot breakfasts are very good, but we weren't thrilled with their
restaurant. It is also within walking distance of many good
restaurants, all price ranges. The only downside is price, we have only
stayed there using points.

My second choice is the Marriott Renaissance hotel. No free breakfast,
but very comfortable and great staff. Again very pricey, we did this
with points.

Here are some pictures of both hotels:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/547737061Aqlayp

sue