Earliest Flight Time on Return

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Fantasy Girl

Default Earliest Flight Time on Return

Hello All,

I am getting ready to book my second cruise....Princess Diamond /
Mexican Riviera.

On our first cruise (Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean), I booked a
mid-afternoon flight coming home, so had no concerns about making the
flight.

For this upcoming cruise, we will be flying in / out of LAX, and the
ship's port is Long Beach. To get any kind of reasonable fare, the
return flight out of LA is at noon. There are none later, unless I want
to pay about $300 more per ticket. The ship is supposed to be in Long
Beach at 6am.

I know I can fly in / out of Long Beach, but that fare is also
considerably more expensive, and has 2 stops both ways (one in Chicago,
which I'd like to avoid in December). I can get a non-stop flight to
LAX, and a return that has only 1 stop.

Giving time for debarkation and the 20+ mile trip to LAX, is a noon
flight too early?

Thanks!

Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:02 AM
Thomas Smith

Noon, while not ideal, should be OK. You will need to request early
debarkation. Just bring your airline tickets or a copy of your itinerary to
the purser's desk and they will make arrangements for you to debark early.
You should be off the ship by 9:00 am, and at LAX around 10:00 am.

Tom Smith

Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:22 AM
JLP20

You should be off the ship by 9:00 am, and at LAX around 10:00 am.

And as a suggestion, remove any princess tags BEFORE you get to the check in
counter. Ship tags are a red flag for security to spot bags that have been out
of your control before a flight.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM
The Big Guy

I just did the same flight, but the cruise was on Carnival, so it's the same
pier.

We had a noon flight, same deal, great price. Requested early departure from
ship. Got off the ship by 8:30, cleared customs and got our bags by 9:05, at
the airport in a LONG line at southwest, but sitting at the gate waiting by
10:20. You should be fine as long as you get off early.

And the reason they don't ask the luggage question any more is that every
bag is x-rayed and tested, IN THEORY.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Charles

In article , Lee
wrote:

Maybe it sunk in that those questions are meaningless and a waste of
time? Or, did I just happen to get ticket counter people that didn't
bother with them?

They decided some months ago to stop asking.

--
Charles