Fort Lauderdale Hotels

Old September 14th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Bear

Default Fort Lauderdale Hotels

Hello everyone,

I'm taking a cruise with a friend in late Nov. We are staying
overnight in FL because of a cheaper flight. I was wondering if
anyone had some advice on a motel/hotel they've stayed in that was
both close to activities and the airport...where is the ideal
location, I suppose, is what I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance!
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Peter Berlin

Most folks you ask will probably suggest the Marrott Marina
on the 17th Causway near the pier. Addittional, if you like
the beach, there is the Yankee Clipper down the road, on Ft.
Lauderale Beach.

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com

Old September 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM
NewsReader

Gregory C. Read wrote:

I would highly recommend using Priceline and requesting a 3* hotel in the
Downtown area. See the link below for a host of information.

http://www.biddingfortravel.com/

If you are a newbie to Priceline, check out www.betterbidding.com as
well. I found the system admin at betterbidding.com is more friendly and
give you more "hand holding" then the other site.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Len C.

I stay at the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Only 5 miles from the
airport, and 4 miles to Port Everglades. Since it's just an overnighter
pre-cruise this hotel is affordable, and directly across from the beach.
All rooms offer an ocean view and I can usually get a rate for around
$90-$95 per night. www.holidayinnftlauderdale.com There are lots of
hotels to choose from in the FLL area depending on what you want and
price ranges. There are 2 Sheraton properties right on the beach also
the Hyatt Pier 66 is nice, but very pricey!

Len...