Postage

Old March 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Josef Kleber

Default Schnitzel Chips Postage

Am 07.03.2014 16:48, schrieb Martin:
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:44:56 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:43:05 -0600, Dan Stephenson
wrote:
In Germany, I like the schnitzel.

with noodles or is that only in Salzburg?

Pommes or, if it's good, Spätzle. I've become rather picky about Spätzle
since I learned how to make my own 8-)

Pommes is French for apples how could a Francophile like you make such a silly
mistake :-)

Oh no, you are talking about *pom*, whereas she was talking about
*Pommesssss*! ;-)
A completely different story!

Josef

---

Old March 7th, 2014, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

On 2014-03-06 03:40:23 -0600, Martin said:

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 21:10:51 -0600, Dan Stephenson
wrote:

All the market is, is the free association of people trading for mutual
benefit. If there are problems after a privitization, it is because
those structural problems that were always there, become revealed.

The ground rules were changed after privatisation. Competitors are allowed to
employ staff at less than the minimum legal salary. They are not obliged to
deliver mail in a timely manner.

Then that is not a free market!

In what way isn't it a free market?

One area of Dutch free enterprise excellent is in french fries / chips.

and pumping flood water.

Oh my goodness. I wish I remember the name of the place in Amsterdam
where I got the most incredible chips of all time. It was around a
corner in an alley and there were all these different sauces you could
put on the chips. Dang that was good. I'm sure happy there was no
Royal Dutch Chips & Potato-Related Processed Food Products monopoly,
that day!

Any idiot can make good chips. I bet you loved FEBO, and krokets washed down
with a bottle of Heineken.

I don't know what the **** you're talking about,

American in Amsterdam favourite diet,.

but, maybe your
average Dutch idiot can make good chips? Every country has their
specialty.

Neither of us are Dutch, neither of us has problems making good chips.

In Germany, I like the schnitzel.

with noodles or is that only in Salzburg?

Pommes or, if it's good, Spätzle. I've become rather picky about Spätzle
since I learned how to make my own 8-)

Pommes is French for apples how could a Francophile like you make such a silly
mistake :-)

Are you still going to visit Stonehenge this year? I look forward to your report

You know I meant pomfrits and you also know i'm not a francophile 8-)
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 7th, 2014, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

James Silverton wrote:
On 3/7/2014 8:44 AM, Erilar wrote:
Frank Hucklenbroich wrote:
Am Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:43:05 -0600 schrieb Dan Stephenson:

In Germany, I like the schnitzel.

You get that a lot in Germany, but it's originally from Austria. The real
Asutrian "Wiener Schnitzel" has to be made from veal btw.

Regards,

Frank

I love Wiener Schnitzel, but Schweineschnitzel Wiener Art is great, too!

I've seen "Pute Schnitzel" in German and Swiss supermarkets. I know the
German for turkey is der Puter/die Pute and, perhaps more formally, der
Truthahn/die Truthenne.

I'm sure I'd like that, too, if I ran across it over there on a menu.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default Chips Postage

"Martin" wrote in message

Oh my goodness. I wish I remember the name of the place in Amsterdam
where I got the most incredible chips of all time. It was around a
corner in an alley and there were all these different sauces you could
put on the chips. Dang that was good. I'm sure happy there was no
Royal Dutch Chips & Potato-Related Processed Food Products monopoly,
that day!

Any idiot can make good chips.

Then you better send this idiot to the Macdonald's "university", cos they
definitely need his help

tim

Old March 8th, 2014, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2014-03-07 02:16:48 -0600, Frank Hucklenbroich said:

Am Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:43:05 -0600 schrieb Dan Stephenson:

In Germany, I like the schnitzel.

You get that a lot in Germany, but it's originally from Austria. The real
Asutrian "Wiener Schnitzel" has to be made from veal btw.

Regards,

Frank

Oh right! von kalb

It came from some kind of fruit dressing. It was a nice touch. What I
*really* like is when a friend egg is place on top of it.

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com

Old March 8th, 2014, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

wrote:

All the market is, is the free association of people trading for mutual
benefit. If there are problems after a privitization, it is because
those structural problems that were always there, become revealed.

The ground rules were changed after privatisation. Competitors are allowed to
employ staff at less than the minimum legal salary. They are not obliged to
deliver mail in a timely manner.

Then that is not a free market!

In what way isn't it a free market?

The government interference to which you referred.

Old March 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]

Default UK Constitution Postage

On 06/03/2014 02:58, Dan Stephenson wrote:

You mean like the democracy that voted in people's representatives that
introduced privatization in the postal system?

And who says 51% of the people who vote get to decide what the other 49%
have to do? That's tyranny. But maybe that's an American perspective.
I've heard that the UK does not have a written Constitution, that
establishes the kind principles of governance for any later laws. is
that true?

I'd be interested to know your alternative form of government?

"Many forms of Gov*ern*ment have been tried, and will be tried in this
world of sin and woe. No one pre*tends that democ*racy is per*fect or
all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democ*racy is the worst form of
Gov*ern*ment except for all those other forms that have been tried from
time to time". (Quote by W.S.Churchill in Parliament)

Old March 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

On 2014-03-07 02:16:48 -0600, Frank Hucklenbroich said:

Am Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:43:05 -0600 schrieb Dan Stephenson:
In Germany, I like the schnitzel.
You get that a lot in Germany, but it's originally from Austria. The real

Asutrian "Wiener Schnitzel" has to be made from veal btw.
Regards,
Frank

Oh right! von kalb

It came from some kind of fruit dressing. It was a nice touch. What I
*really* like is when a friend egg is place on top of it.

That's a different Schnitzel variant.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Martin wrote:

Frank Hucklenbroich wrote:
Am Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:43:05 -0600 schrieb Dan Stephenson:

In Germany, I like the schnitzel.

You get that a lot in Germany, but it's originally from Austria. The real
Asutrian "Wiener Schnitzel" has to be made from veal btw.

Regards,

Frank

I love Wiener Schnitzel, but Schweineschnitzel Wiener Art is great, too!

I've seen "Pute Schnitzel" in German and Swiss supermarkets. I know the
German for turkey is der Puter/die Pute and, perhaps more formally, der
Truthahn/die Truthenne.

Not to be confused with puttana schnitzel .

I'm sure I'd like that, too, if I ran across it over there on a menu.

Anything that can be flattened, including road kill, can be inside the coating
of a schnitzel.

Not road kill, please! 8-)
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2014-03-08 10:03:16 -0600, Martin said:

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:47:46 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan wrote:

On 06/03/2014 02:58, Dan Stephenson wrote:

You mean like the democracy that voted in people's representatives that
introduced privatization in the postal system?

And who says 51% of the people who vote get to decide what the other 49%
have to do? That's tyranny. But maybe that's an American perspective.
I've heard that the UK does not have a written Constitution, that
establishes the kind principles of governance for any later laws. is
that true?

I'd be interested to know your alternative form of government?

"Many forms of Gov*ern*ment have been tried, and will be tried in this
world of sin and woe. No one pre*tends that democ*racy is per*fect or
all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democ*racy is the worst form of
Gov*ern*ment except for all those other forms that have been tried from
time to time". (Quote by W.S.Churchill in Parliament)

A democracy where people aren't elected on a first past the post basis using
arbitrary election areas, some sort of PR, in a country where the
population is
legally obliged to vote

Exactly! This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they made the USA a Republic. Not doubt this was
easier with a clean slate versus centuries of "common law", thus my
comment, there is no... originating set of specifications for
government responsibility or explicit limits on its power, as in the
USA. So with the UK, is at least the collection of restrictions on the
monarchy codified as something to point to? That would be a start.

Dan