Cheep Paris Restaurants?

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_4_]

Default Cheep Paris Restaurants?

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:20:44 +0100, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)
wroteÂ*:

JuanElorza wrote:

[]
Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.

And the nastiest. I doubt that Paris would know a decent chinese
restaurant if it slapped her in the face.

There are hundred of asian restaurants, a lot of vietnamese, lao, thai,
khmer, chinese, corean, japanese.

Many of the Chineses were actually are from vietnamese families from
chinese origin (that first emigrated to Vietnam). And even in China, the
food is absolutely not uniform.

Among the many chinese restaurants in Paris, some are truly chinese, of
the Taiwan or Hong-kong style cooking.
There are some actual chinese restaurants in the 5th arrondissement, near
place Maubert, because it was a place were many chinese were grouped
before the 1970's refugee flow who installed themselves in the 13.
arrondissement.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

JuanElorza wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:20:44 +0100, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)
wrote :

JuanElorza wrote:

[]
Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.

And the nastiest. I doubt that Paris would know a decent chinese
restaurant if it slapped her in the face.

There are hundred of asian restaurants

I wasn't lumping them together- I mentioned Chinese specifically.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

JuanElorza wrote on 23 Jun 2010 19:31:44 GMT:

JuanElorza wrote:

[]
Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.

And the nastiest. I doubt that Paris would know a decent
chinese restaurant if it slapped her in the face.

There are hundred of asian restaurants, a lot of vietnamese,
lao, thai, khmer, chinese, corean, japanese.

Many of the Chineses were actually are from vietnamese
families from chinese origin (that first emigrated to
Vietnam). And even in China, the food is absolutely not
uniform.

As an inhabitant of the US, I am aware that there are many styles of
Chinese cooking, Szechuan, Peking, Hunan and many others. There are even
three varieties of Vietnamese that I know of: Pho, standard Vietnamese
and French Colonial influenced. However, the restaurant (in Bordeaux
actually) where I got the lettuce wraps was designated "Restaurant
Chinoise". I have to admit that Chinese places here don't place ethnic
purity ahead of profit. Japanese places may be a bit more consistent but
have you ever had pizza rolls in a Sushi-ya?
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge121

Lol

"Irwell" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
On 21 Jun 2010 21:51:02 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

Italian is your best bet for cheap eats in Paris these days.

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge121

and turkish kebabs...and north african boui bouis...

"JuanElorza" a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : ...
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:50:01 -0500, Jim Cate wrote :

Current prices?

Thanks,
Jim

During the workdays, you can have a two course lunch from 11 EUR in some
french bistros, 13-14 with a dessert. Simple receipes like blanquette or
bourguignon. There are still a few 3 courses 10 EUR very decent meals
availables here and there.

Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge121

Always look at the worst posts first (martin's).

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
On 23/06/10 04:20, Irwell wrote:
On 21 Jun 2010 21:51:02 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

Diverting from the political discussions briefly, my wife and I have
stayed
in the 5th and 6th arrondissements several times, and we enjoyed
exploring
the Left Bank on foot and sampling some of the less expensive Left Bank
restaurants. Many of them seemed to be concentrated along rue de la
Harpe,
rue Huschette, and rue St. Severin, just north of the Cluny museum.
While
some of them were Greek, Italian, etc., others were serving simple
French
cuisine, usually two or three courses with wine, for reasonable prices.
Of
course, the menu and prices were posted out front. - To those who have
been
there recently, is this district still a good option for reasonably good
food at semi-reasonable prices? With the current exchange rate (around
$1.23 per Euro) what prices should we expect? (We also sampled some
better restaurants in that area, including the Tour d' Argent. For the
lunch
special, including a tour of the wine cellers, it was worth every
franc.)

Jim Cate

Try this for good value.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html

Always look at the worst reviews first!!!

Old June 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_4_]

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:44:26 +0200, Runge121 wroteÂ*:

and turkish kebabs...and north african boui bouis...

Yes.
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos[_2_]

21.8.2010 18:34, Magda kirjoitti:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:02:03 +0200, in rec.travel.europe,
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On 23/06/10 13:46, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
... wrote:
... On 23/06/10 00:20, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
... wrote:
... []
... Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.
... And the nastiest. I doubt that Paris would know a decent chinese
... restaurant if it slapped her in the face.
... The Chinese restaurants are not to be confused with Vietnamese restaurants
... Yes- the Vietnamese food is much better in Paris IME.
... I've never had any side effects from eating in Moroccan restauarants in
... France. I did it quite often in Cannes and Toulouse.

Where are Cannes and Toulouse located these days - when did they leave France?

Or when did Morocco step in to France.
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

... wrote:
... On 23/06/10 00:20, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
... wrote:
... []
... Cheapest restaurants are still chinese restaurants.
... And the nastiest. I doubt that Paris would know a decent chinese
... restaurant if it slapped her in the face.
... The Chinese restaurants are not to be confused with Vietnamese restaurants
... Yes- the Vietnamese food is much better in Paris IME.
... I've never had any side effects from eating in Moroccan restauarants in
... France. I did it quite often in Cannes and Toulouse.

Where are Cannes and Toulouse located these days - when did they leave France?

Or when did Morocco step in to France.

I'd worry more about China stepping into France; France has many
Chinese restaurazants, as well.