GLASGOW CITY CENTRE PREMIER LODGE

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:41 AM
John E

Default GLASGOW CITY CENTRE PREMIER LODGE

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football Club
and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Depends what you mean by near. If it's a nice night then it's walkable but
it will take you maybe 45 minutes. By public transport, your best bet would
be to go to Charing Cross low level train station and get the train to
Bellgrove, then from there it's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground.
Alternatively you could get a number 62 bus from near your hotel and that
drops you off very close to the ground. I used to live in Charing Cross and
I did the journey many times.

To get to the hotel from the city centre is very easy. You can walk it in
ten minutes (look for Charing Cross) or get a cheap taxi if you're not sure
where it is.

Finally, will taxi's pick people up after football matches from Celtic
Park and does it cost much from there to the premier lodge city centre
hotel?.

You might get a taxi, but the roads are a nightmare immediately after a
match at Parkhead. My suggestion would be to wait half an hour then get a
taxi, or start walking into the town and either get a train or bus back to
Charing Cross or just walk it all the way.

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
sme

"John E" wrote in
:

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football
Club and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Depends what you mean by near. If it's a nice night then it's walkable
but it will take you maybe 45 minutes. By public transport, your best
bet would be to go to Charing Cross low level train station and get
the train to Bellgrove, then from there it's a 10-15 minute walk to
the ground. Alternatively you could get a number 62 bus from near your
hotel and that drops you off very close to the ground. I used to live
in Charing Cross and I did the journey many times.

Whereabouts in Charing Cross John? I used to live in Kent Road. Oh and
agree with all of the above.

To get to the hotel from the city centre is very easy. You can walk it
in ten minutes (look for Charing Cross) or get a cheap taxi if you're
not sure where it is.

Walking is good except if you have a lot of luggage. Taxi is easiest
option, shouldn't cost much more than a few quid.

Finally, will taxi's pick people up after football matches from
Celtic Park and does it cost much from there to the premier lodge
city centre hotel?.

You might get a taxi, but the roads are a nightmare immediately after
a match at Parkhead. My suggestion would be to wait half an hour then
get a taxi, or start walking into the town and either get a train or
bus back to Charing Cross or just walk it all the way.

Agreed with the wait option. When i take the car it is always best to
wait til the end of the game, let most of the fans leave before strolling
down to try and get out of the jams.

--
sme
"It'll never last..."
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:56 AM
John E

"sme" wrote in message
"John E" wrote in
:

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football
Club and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Depends what you mean by near. If it's a nice night then it's walkable
but it will take you maybe 45 minutes. By public transport, your best
bet would be to go to Charing Cross low level train station and get
the train to Bellgrove, then from there it's a 10-15 minute walk to
the ground. Alternatively you could get a number 62 bus from near your
hotel and that drops you off very close to the ground. I used to live
in Charing Cross and I did the journey many times.

Whereabouts in Charing Cross John? I used to live in Kent Road. Oh and
agree with all of the above.

Beltane Street, but my living room looked onto Kent Road. It's an excellent
place to live, but very expensive.

Old July 29th, 2004, 11:01 AM
sme

"John E" wrote in
:

"sme" wrote in message
"John E" wrote in
:

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
[...]

how long ago was that? Mine was the other way around. I lived on Kent
Road but all my windows looked onto Elderslie Street.

--
sme
"It'll never last..."
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:10 AM
John E

"sme" wrote in message
"John E" wrote in
:
"sme" wrote in message

Whereabouts in Charing Cross John? I used to live in Kent Road. Oh
and agree with all of the above.

Beltane Street, but my living room looked onto Kent Road. It's an
excellent place to live, but very expensive.

how long ago was that?

Just over 2 years ago.

Mine was the other way around. I lived on Kent
Road but all my windows looked onto Elderslie Street.

Very close then...

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Garymac

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football Club
and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Finally, will taxi's pick people up after football matches from Celtic
Park and does it cost much from there to the premier lodge city centre
hotel?.

The hotel is in the Charing Cross area and used to be the Charing Cross
Tower Hotel. It isn't too handy for Celtic Park but is in an ideal place
for a night in Glasgow afterwards.

If you arrive at Queen Street Station, get a low level train to Charing
Cross station which is next to the hotel. If you get into Central station
then a taxi from the rank outside would be best.

The easiest way to get to Celtic Park(or the piggery dependant on which side
of the divide you're on) would be to get a black cab to take you. After the
game, getting a taxi is difficult due to the crap road network in the east
end of the city so walking towards the town centre would be the best bet.

The fare will probably be 5 or 6 pounds.

Gary

P.S. hope you thrash them

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:35 PM
sme

"Garymac" wrote in
:

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football
Club and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Finally, will taxi's pick people up after football matches from
Celtic Park and does it cost much from there to the premier lodge
city centre hotel?.

snipped

The easiest way to get to Celtic Park(or the piggery dependant on
which side of the divide you're on)

He isn't on any side of the 'divide' Gary. He is supporting his team
Newcastle.

would be to get a black cab to
take you. After the game, getting a taxi is difficult due to the crap
road network in the east end of the city so walking towards the town
centre would be the best bet.

The fare will probably be 5 or 6 pounds.

Gary

P.S. hope you thrash them

Why? It's a friendly.

--
sme
"It'll never last..."
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:45 PM
pantsonfire

"sme" wrote in message
"Garymac" wrote in
:

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
[...]

Some people heh! I hope we thrash you too, but I can't see it if we can't
even beat Ipswich;(

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Bluenosed bear

"NUFC_1892" wrote in message
om...
I have finally booked a hotel and i will be staying at Glasgow City
Centre Premier Lodge hotel. Is it near to Glasgow Celtic Football Club
and is there good transport to the hotel?.

Finally, will taxi's pick people up after football matches from Celtic
Park and does it cost much from there to the premier lodge city centre
hotel?.

Thanks once again.

Here is the address of the hotel:

10 Elmbank Gardens
Glasgow
Strathclyde
G2 4PP

P.S. SORRY FOR THE CROSS-POSTING

P.S. get a taxi there and back, you will probably get mugged in parkhead
otherwise or have a bottle of buckie thrust at you.

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:51 PM
John E

"Bluenosed bear" wrote in message

P.S. get a taxi there and back, you will probably get mugged in parkhead
otherwise or have a bottle of buckie thrust at you.

If he walked along with the thousands of Celtic fans going to the match
there would be no bother at all.