question for cruzinsure (sp?)

Old January 26th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Jcsunrise8

Default question for cruzinsure (sp?)

If you could please assist me I am in the midst of planning an $7,000 7
daycruise/
4 day land vacation and would like to purchase cruise insurance. My husb and I
are in our late fourties/early 50's and 2 kids ages 15 and 20. We have no
preexisting conditions except we have our elderly parents ( who won't be
cruising) who being in their 80's naturally have preexisting conditions. What
policy would be economical and still cover us?? Thanks for any
help/suggestions. Jane
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:51 PM

For pricing you can use one of the online comparison sites like
www.insuremytrip

One that might work out well is the Travelex TraveLite plan as they
would cover the 15 year old at no charge so you'd save a few bucks
there.

All of the plans on insuremytrip will cover you if something happens to
a non-traveling family member. If these relatives do have pre-existing
medical conditions be sure you meet ALL conditions required to get the
coverage. Usually this is a matter of buying the policy within a
certain number of days of making the first payment on the trip (7 - 21
depending on the plan) but some also make you insure all of your
pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs so be sure to check on that too.

If you're flying to the pier the same day as the cruise departs CSA,
Global Alert, and Travel Guard have the best coverage if you are
delayed by weather and miss the ship. If you're going in a day early
(or doing the land stay first) that's not so important.

The CSA WebDirect plan often comes in as a real inexpensive option for
cruisers. It comes in two levels of coverage -- Standard and Extended.
The Extended version includes financial default and pre-existing
condition coverages. Just be aware that even the Standard plan covers
pre-existing conditions for non-traveling family members. Many people
mistakenly buy the higher-priced level of coverage thinking they need
it because of an ill grandparent or something. You don't.

Check out the plans and narrow it down to a couple and if you have any
specific questions just ask.