Specialty Restaurants on ships

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Specialty Restaurants on ships

I am hijacking this subject from another thread...

"Diana Ball" wrote

And the specialty restaurant
(best food we've had on the seas) succeeded in evoking a big city supper
club of another era.

Which leads to some questions...

What do you think about "specialty restaurants" on ships?

If you go to these restaurants, what was your favorite meal?

I have to admit I dislike the concept of additional pay, specialty
restaurants on ships. I think dining in the dining room should be "special"
but it has become ordinary. Waiters singing, Maitre 'ds who think they were
born to spend their life talking on a microphone, trying to feed 3500 people
in 3 hours. Most dining room food and service is very good, but for me, it
is no longer "special".

My favorite meal in a specialty restaurant was on the Carnival Conquest. We
had dinner with my brother and his wife, it was their first cruise and their
honeymoon and Carnival does an excellent job.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

January 20, 2008 - GGC2008 - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm