???'s about specialty rest.

Old April 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default ???'s about specialty rest.

On May 7th we will be going on Carnival's Miracle. Since we will be
celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary we would like to spend the
extra money and dine at "Nick & Nora's" restaurant. We have never gone
to one of the specialty restaurants and so have a couple of questions.
1st....with who do we make the reservations? 2nd....do we tip that
night at the table? 3rd....do we dress as suggested for the rest of the
ship or do the men always wear a suit & tie for a specialty restaurant?
Thanks for any help. We are sure looking forward to this cruise. Got
our docs and already have an upgrade to an outside cabin. whoopie

~Dory~
"We cannot go back and make a new start but we can start now to make a
new ending."*

Old April 24th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dory Samuels wrote:
On May 7th we will be going on Carnival's Miracle. Since we will be
celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary we would like to spend the
extra money and dine at "Nick & Nora's" restaurant.

Hi Dory,

I just ate at Nick & Nora's on the Miracle this past March, so can
actually answer your questions with confidence!

1st....with who do we make the reservations?

One evening, during dinner hours, we went up to the restaurant to make
our reservation with the maitre d'. You'll see a display table set up
in several locations during your cruise - at the entrance to Horatios,
near the sushi bar, etc...not sure if you can make a reservation with
these folks, but it'll give you the opportunity to take a peek at the
menu and "see" the beef (yes, they have chunks of raw beef for you to
look at).

2nd....do we tip that
night at the table?

The $30 per person fee is added onto your sign & sail card.

3rd....do we dress as suggested for the rest of the
ship or do the men always wear a suit & tie for a specialty restaurant?

Suit and tie not necessary. If it's a casual night for the rest of the
ship, I might take it up a notch for N & N, but open collar for men is
fine, nice trousers/blouse is fine for women. It might be fun to try it
on a formal night, to see just how formal it gets in there. But just
make sure you have enough room in your clothes for a lot of food.

It was a great meal. I would definitely order the beef carpaccio
starter again, I'd skip the crab cake, I'd get double the creamed
spinach (soooooo good) and skip the mashed potatoes, and the filet was
excellent. And, the chocolate dessert is worth ordering just for the
presentation...by that time I was too full to enjoy it much.

Lee

Old April 24th, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I totally agree about the creamed spinach. I'm looking forward to
ordering it next month when we are on the Valor. I had it on the
Legend and the Liberty and it is the best!

Jo-Ann