Transportation between Stansted and Gatwick airports?

Old September 14th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Jacob

Default Transportation between Stansted and Gatwick airports?

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take? Thanks.
Old September 14th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Oh, Guess

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:57:45 GMT, "Jacob" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_0171_01C37A39.855F3680

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? =
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, =
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take? Thanks.
------=_NextPart_000_0171_01C37A39.855F3680

First, you stop posting in HTML. Usenet is a plaintext forum,
no matter that your newsreader might suggest otherwise.

Then, you take a look at
http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/...ansfer.htm#bus
--
Nobody You Know

Old September 14th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Office Manager

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:57:45 GMT, "Jacob" wrote:

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take? Thanks.

if all else fails we can help you with this journey see below

www.airporttransfers.biz
Fixed price transfers
from all of Londons airports
Hotel Directory
Tourist Guides
Call us on 0700-AIRTRANS or +44-(0)870-7777-647
Gatwick, Stansted, Heathrow, Luton
we cover all airports and docks
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Hatunen

On 14 Sep 2003 20:01:14 GMT, (Larry)
wrote:

In article , "Jacob"
writes:

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? =
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, =
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take?

Check the German Rail site for bus/train combinations

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/det...n/query.exe/en

and

www.nationalexpress.com

for bus service to the Victoria Coach Station then three blocks or so to
Victoria Station for the Gatwick express (Gatwick Express schedules at the
German Rail site).

The German rail site suggests train from Stansted to Liverpool
Street Station, then local transit to London Bridge station for a
train to Gatwick, but this looks pretty awkward. Stansted train
to Liverpool Street tehn Underground to either Blackfriars or
Victoria station makes more sense.

Old September 14th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Larry

In article , "Jacob"
writes:

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? =
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, =
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take?

Check the German Rail site for bus/train combinations

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/det...n/query.exe/en

and

www.nationalexpress.com

for bus service to the Victoria Coach Station then three blocks or so to
Victoria Station for the Gatwick express (Gatwick Express schedules at the
German Rail site).

All of this goes through Central London. One-way rental car via the M25 around
London would be faster except perhaos at peak times, but expensive Normal
driving time about 1:10, my atlas says.

Larry at Morro Bay, California (seaotter 6 at a o l dot c o m)(no spaces in
address)
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:09 PM
tim

"Larry" wrote in message
In article , "Jacob"
writes:

How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport? =
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London, =
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take?

Check the German Rail site for bus/train combinations

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/det...n/query.exe/en

whilst I happily recommend the DB timetable for most european
journeys I don't think it's going to be the best for this journey

The new 'network rail' travel planner at:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjourney/time_table/journey_requirements.asp

Has got much better recently and will give you a fuller range of
travel options, and now even gives fares.

Tim

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Heikki Kantola

tim informed
rec.travel.europe with the following:
"Larry" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jacob" writes:
How would we get from London Stansted airport to London Gatwick airport?
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London,
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take?

Check the German Rail site for bus/train combinations

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/det...n/query.exe/en

whilst I happily recommend the DB timetable for most european
journeys I don't think it's going to be the best for this journey

The new 'network rail' travel planner at:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjourney/time_table/journey_requirements.asp

Has got much better recently and will give you a fuller range of
travel options, and now even gives fares.

And when talking about London area, I think the Transport for London
Journey Planner¹ can give decent directions, albeit its suggested
routes between Stansted and Gatwick seem go via central London and
thus take almost or bit over two hours...

¹ URL:http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/
--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola,
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2003 20:01:14 GMT, (Larry)
wrote:

In article , "Jacob"

=
We have to change from one to the other -- must we go back into London,

=
or is there a bus/shuttle or something we can take?

Check the German Rail site for bus/train combinations

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/det...n/query.exe/en

and

www.nationalexpress.com

for bus service to the Victoria Coach Station then three blocks or so to
Victoria Station for the Gatwick express (Gatwick Express schedules at

the
German Rail site).

The German rail site suggests train from Stansted to Liverpool
Street Station, then local transit to London Bridge station for a
train to Gatwick, but this looks pretty awkward. Stansted train
to Liverpool Street tehn Underground to either Blackfriars or
Victoria station makes more sense.

What looks awkward about it ?
There is a direct bus service, if you dont have too much luggage, or a short
taxi (cab) ride if you do ...

Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:35 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:42:48 +0100, "Paul Roberts"
wrote:

so why are you using a german site for UK trains try

for trains http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
STANSTED AIRPORT 10:30 Train WEST ANGLIA GREAT NORTHERN RAI
TOTTENHAM HALE 11:03 11:03 Tube
KINGS CROSS THAMESLINK 11:39 11:39 Train THAMESLINK RAIL LTD.
GATWICK AIRPORT 12:24
DURATION: 1:54

So long as it's understood the Tube doesn't exactly go to Kings
Cross Thameslink.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:42 PM
Paul Roberts

so why are you using a german site for UK trains try

for trains http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
STANSTED AIRPORT 10:30 Train WEST ANGLIA GREAT NORTHERN RAI
TOTTENHAM HALE 11:03 11:03 Tube
KINGS CROSS THAMESLINK 11:39 11:39 Train THAMESLINK RAIL LTD.
GATWICK AIRPORT 12:24
DURATION: 1:54

Fare£19.10 GBP

for coach/bus http://www.nationalexpress.com/

19:35 22:15 2hrs 40min 0 JL 727 Stansted Airport to Gatwick (South
Terminal) Timings

single fare £23.00

Paul Roberts
http://www.gloetrotters.co.uk