May 26

Old March 1st, 2011, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge 128

Default May 26

irwell has a lot of gas pressure...

"Irwell" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:26:06 -0600, Jeff Hacker wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. That simple.

Fill your car up with gas now.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. That simple.

But why Thursday with a lower fare on Friday according to the OP?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bob edwards

wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? *I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. *The price of the flight spikes that
day. *It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. *A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. *That simple.

But why Thursday with a lower fare on Friday according to the OP?

I got lucky. I know that fares change frequently so I've been
checking the fare daily. Tuesday morning it dropped and I booked it
quickly. Ten minutes later the fare was up by over $100pp!
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
bob edwards

On Mar 3, 12:02*pm, "Runge 128" wrote:
so you initiated a useless thread then

"bob edwards" *a crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? *I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. *The price of the flight spikes that
day. *It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. *A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. *That simple.

But why Thursday with a lower fare on Friday according to the OP?

I got lucky. *I know that fares change frequently so I've been
checking the fare daily. *Tuesday morning it dropped and I booked it
quickly. *Ten minutes later the fare was up by over $100pp!

Runge, otherwise you'd have had nothing to get wise about.
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 20:17:52 +0100, Runge 128 wrote:

Thanks bob, twas fascinating to read

Thus spake the village ****!