travel alert: foreign visitor murdered in new zealand

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:18 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
harmony

Default travel alert: foreign visitor murdered in new zealand

A white supremacist has been jailed for at least 16 years in New Zealand for
murdering a South Korean hitchhiker.

Prosecutors said Shannon Brent Flewellen and another man, Hayden McKenzie,
strangled Kim Jae-hyeon after picking him up on a quiet road in 2003.

Mr Kim was reported missing by his parents the following year when he failed
to return to South Korea.

McKenzie was jailed for a minimum of 21 years without parole in 2008 after
pleading guilty to the murder.

Judge John Fogarty said Flewellen had displayed clear racist beliefs since
he was a teenager and that the killing showed "a high degree of
callousness".

"It was very significant that Mr Kim was Asian. You have white supremacist,
neo-Nazi beliefs," he said.

"You regarded him as not deserving of the same dignity and respect as a
white person."

Mr Kim was strangled to death in September 2003 while he was backpacking in
the West Coast region of the country.

His parents reported him missing in May 2004 but his remains were not
returned to South Korea until 2008.

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
Bob Myers

On 4/29/2010 11:18 AM, harmony wrote:
A white supremacist has been jailed for at least 16 years in New Zealand for
murdering a South Korean hitchhiker.

Prosecutors said Shannon Brent Flewellen and another man, Hayden McKenzie,
strangled Kim Jae-hyeon after picking him up on a quiet road in 2003.

So you think that something that happened seven years ago now
deserves a "travel alert"????

Bob M.

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
harmony

"Bob Myers" wrote in message
On 4/29/2010 11:18 AM, harmony wrote:
A white supremacist has been jailed for at least 16 years in New Zealand
for
murdering a South Korean hitchhiker.

Prosecutors said Shannon Brent Flewellen and another man, Hayden
McKenzie,
strangled Kim Jae-hyeon after picking him up on a quiet road in 2003.

So you think that something that happened seven years ago now
deserves a "travel alert"????

Bob M.

bob, we have too many such incidents reported from australia in recent
months. the asians are worried.

Old April 30th, 2010, 01:33 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
Marcus Aurelius[_2_]

Every person, regardless of race or national origin, should be treated
with respect and dignity. However, the implication of the article is
that aggressive racism is paramount amongst Caucasians in comparison
to other races. In actuality, comparatively speaking,aggressive
racism, concomitant with associate criminal acts, directed towards
Caucasians is significantly higher amongst "minority" groups. Charles
Darwin postulated that the more "primitive" a racial group, the more
it tended to exhibit "tribalistic" characteristics such that those not
a member of the "tribe" were not given the respect and dignity of
those outside of the tribe. However, Koreans, as are the Japanese,
Vietnamese, and Chinese are noted for their law abiding behavior.
They, also, tend to have relatively high IQs. The same make them more
"compatible" socially, culturally, and intellectually with Caucasians
relative to other racial groups. I, personally, tend to get along
extremely well with the same.
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:52 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
Marcus Aurelius[_2_]

On a vacation trip to New Zealand, I was visiting a local museum. A
Maori New Zealander, for some unknown reason, instantly, in the
museum ,without any provocation, took an extremely hostile aggressive
attitude towards me. I had to leave the museum. HE CONTINUED TO FOLLOW
ME. I was then on the streets of the city which, as I remember it, was
Wellington. I had to ask a policeman to stop the Maori from attacking
me by restraining him so that I could get away. The New Zealand
policeman, thankfully, did the same.The Maori are an New Zealand
aboriginal non-Caucasian tribe. So you see racism against Caucasians
by minorities often goes unreported as it is considered not unusual.
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
Kenny McCormack[_2_]

In article ,
Marcus Aurelius wrote:
On a vacation trip to New Zealand, I was visiting a local museum. A
Maori New Zealander, for some unknown reason, instantly, in the
museum ,without any provocation, took an extremely hostile aggressive
attitude towards me. I had to leave the museum. HE CONTINUED TO FOLLOW
ME. I was then on the streets of the city which, as I remember it, was
Wellington. I had to ask a policeman to stop the Maori from attacking
me by restraining him so that I could get away. The New Zealand
policeman, thankfully, did the same.The Maori are an New Zealand
aboriginal non-Caucasian tribe. So you see racism against Caucasians
by minorities often goes unreported as it is considered not unusual.

I'm sure you are familiar with the old newspaper bit about "Dog bites
man/Man bites dog".

If something is commonplace, it's not news.

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...