COVID-19 Reality

Old May 10th, 2020, 02:12 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.travel
Byker

Default COVID-19 Reality

"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

(1) The "normal" which existed until the rise of COVID-19 no longer
exists.

Especially in aviation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLZqGFV-nc
Old May 10th, 2020, 04:36 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.travel
Kenny McCormack[_2_]

In article ,
Byker wrote:
"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

(1) The "normal" which existed until the rise of COVID-19 no longer
exists.

Especially in aviation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLZqGFV-nc

Where is the root article for this?

I am reading in r.t.a and all I see is the (single) above post.

Old May 10th, 2020, 06:44 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.travel
Byker

"Kenny McCormack" wrote in message ...

In article ,
Byker wrote:
"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

(1) The "normal" which existed until the rise of COVID-19 no longer
exists.

Especially in aviation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLZqGFV-nc

Where is the root article for this?

talk.politics.misc:

"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

(1) The "normal" which existed until the rise of COVID-19 no longer exists.
Most of it we may never see again because COVID-19 will not be the last
pandemic and it's likely they will come far more frequently.

(2) Stay-at-home, social/physical distancing and other mitigation do not and
will not end COVID-19. Without a vaccine or effective treatment
methodologies, these actions only delay the inevitable course of the
COVID-19 pandemic.

(3) It's possible that a vaccine will be developed in short order. But that
possibility is quite slim. It's more prudent to proceed on the assumption an
effective vaccine is years away, if we EVER have one. Even if that miracle
occurs, there will be a succeeding pandemic in which that miracle will elude
us.

(4) To slow COVID-19 down, we pay a huge price in that slowing it down
requires we, in essence, put our lives on hold or abandon them indefinitely
if we don't plan for a flattened curve which spreads out the casualty count
over a longer period of time in the hope that a vaccine will come to our
rescue before multiple waves of COVID-19 bring us back into our hiding
places as the economy of the World is eroded over time or even utterly
destroyed. So too will we lose our bond to or connection with our culture(s)
and civilization itself. We'll come out the other side a different species
with a different understanding of what's an acceptable life. The next
pandemic will continue the process of change. I'm not sure the civilization
we prize today will exist at all several pandemics down the road.

(5) President Trump wants us to get back to "normal". He has political
reasons for hoping such would happen. But why should anyone respond to his
siren call other than to grab desperately for something that's no longer
real?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...691_story.html

Old May 11th, 2020, 06:30 AM posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Kenny McCormack[_2_]

Byker wrote:
"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

(1) The "normal" which existed until the rise of COVID-19 no longer
exists.

Especially in aviation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLZqGFV-nc

Where is the root article for this?

talk.politics.misc:

"Walt In Seattle" wrote in message

Thanks. And thanks for just posting it here directly, and not making me go
search on a URL or go searching through other groups.

--
The key difference between faith and science is that in science, evidence that
doesn't fit the theory tends to weaken the theory (that is, make it less likely to