living in europe

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Timothy Kroesen

Default French teachers salary (LONG with details)

You just wrote the second line of your Autobiography...

Tim K

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
I'm saying that because it is true. Angry young males remain angry
even when there is no discernable reason to be so. They are their own
worst enemies.

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Mxsmanic

dgs writes:

Why would you make spelling mistakes just because you were in a hurry
to get to the laundromat?

Because I type even more quickly, and I'm more distracted.

Isn't it more rational and logical to simply step away from the
keyboard, realizing that getting to the laundromat before it shuts
takes precedent over making spelling mistakes?

No. Posting to USENET is not a big deal, so making a few mistakes in
a post is not the end of the world. Given the number of mistakes I
see in other posts, I'm not too worried about my spelling.

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Mxsmanic

The Rev Gaston writes:

Phrase it how you wish. The fact remains that you are out of work, and
your present methods of finding work do not appear to be working.

The actual causes are important; it's more than just "phrasing."

Not at all - I'm suggesting that you do what you can to find out what
vacancies exist, rather than relying on advertisements in 20", or
whatever.

It's not so much a problem of vacancies as a problem of my
applications being rejected.

Not a question of cheating.

It sure sounds like it. "It's not what you know, but whom you know"
sounds pretty dishonest to me.

A reader can readily judge if your reaction is rational or not.

I don't see the relevance of this.

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Mxsmanic

dgs writes:

You have not admitted knowing everything that has ever happened
in all of history. Does that mean it has not happened?

No, but I was speaking of my life in particular.

Old October 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Tim C.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:40:54 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Stanislas de Kertanguy writes:

Oh, bloody hell, you know very well what I meant by "subject", that is
the translation of French "sujet".

No, I don't.

Come on, even *I* knew what he meant and I don't speak French.

--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Tim C.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:09:58 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:24:41 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:13:25 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:59:52 +0200, Magda
... wrote:
... On 13 Oct 2005 19:48:25 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... this :
... ... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:43:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
... ... wrote:
... ...
... ... The Rev Gaston writes:
... ...
... ... Do you not understand what Stanislas means by "subject", or are you
... ... being deliberately obstructive?
... ...
... ... I don't understand.
... ...
... ... Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?
... I don't understand why you guys waste your time with this idiot.
... The same reason I waste time in this place.

We are a "waste of time"...?

I think of it more as meditation and solitude.

LOL!
--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Tim C.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:45:31 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

As there is no reason to fear human intereraction, your actions are
thus unreasonable.

Perhaps, but there is more to life than human interaction.

Have you read the Asimov robot short story about the planet where no-one
meets each other? I can't remember what it's called.
--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Tim C.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:27:45 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

dgs writes:

Why would you make spelling mistakes just because you were in a hurry
to get to the laundromat?

Because I type even more quickly, and I'm more distracted.

Isn't it more rational and logical to simply step away from the
keyboard, realizing that getting to the laundromat before it shuts
takes precedent over making spelling mistakes?

No. Posting to USENET is not a big deal, so making a few mistakes in
a post is not the end of the world. Given the number of mistakes I
see in other posts, I'm not too worried about my spelling.

Ruled by emotions again. Mixi, you're such a hormone-controlled puppet.
--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Tim C.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:25:53 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Now the game is different, not tougher. The skills I have are
apparently not in great demand today.

It's tougher *and* different.

My behavior has had no effect on this.

Of course it does. Gaston just told you how it can.

--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Tim C.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:29:13 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

The Rev Gaston writes:

Phrase it how you wish. The fact remains that you are out of work, and
your present methods of finding work do not appear to be working.

The actual causes are important; it's more than just "phrasing."

Not at all - I'm suggesting that you do what you can to find out what
vacancies exist, rather than relying on advertisements in 20", or
whatever.

It's not so much a problem of vacancies as a problem of my
applications being rejected.

Not a question of cheating.

It sure sounds like it. "It's not what you know, but whom you know"
sounds pretty dishonest to me.

Suit yourself. You've no-one to blame but yourself, and you and *only* you
can do anything about it.

--
Tim C.