Is Delta's email notification system reliable?

Old March 13th, 2010, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Bert Hyman

Default Is Delta's email notification system reliable?

Just by chance, I just found out that the number and departure time for
a future flight from MSP to RSW have been changed.

Even though I'm signed up for email updates, I never got one.

This is my first flight with Delta since they gobbled up NWA, and NWA's
system worked.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
.. .
Just by chance, I just found out that the number and departure time for
a future flight from MSP to RSW have been changed.

Even though I'm signed up for email updates, I never got one.

This is my first flight with Delta since they gobbled up NWA, and NWA's
system worked.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Some years ago I was involved in a similar situation with AA. One family
booked connecting flights and later a second booked "the same" flights only
to discover the connecting flight had a different flight number/time and
when the original passengers checked there's had changed to the new flight
as well. When challenged AA said "we don't bother when the change is only
a few minutes". You can't make that stuff up.