Transatlantic Itinerary?

Old March 30th, 2005, 07:29 AM
LES!

Default Transatlantic Itinerary?

I board the Grand on Saturday, and we've set aside enough for 2 open
bookings. The itinerary was posted on the Princess site for the April 2006
Grand Princess Galveston-Rome itinerary. I was a little shocked to see that
it has been changed from 16 to 19 days. I'm not complaining.

Anyway, here's the itinerary, and I'm wondering what you all had to say
about the ports, and specifically if this itinerary is as interesting to you
as it is to me.

Galveston, at sea, Ft. Lauderdale, 6 days at sea, Madeira, Portugal, at sea,
Casablanca, Gibraltar, Alicante (?), Barcelona, Spain, Cannes. Genoa,
null(to be decided shortly, but I assume some beach town in France or a sea
day), Livorno and Civitacecchia.

Casablanca is a big plus since Marrakech is somewhere Jarrod dreams of
going, and Princess offers a day visit (although Casablanca would be a nice
visit in itself).

Since Princess is just posting these, I'll pretty much have my pick of
cabins. I'm thinking either a category BB aft on Dolphin (the balconies are
massive) If those are booked, we might just book a Vista Suite. Anything to
get an aft balcony. If the BB is available, we'll also book a regular cabin
for Jarrod's mom and Alegra to share (she'll be ready for her first cruise
then)

Since I've rambled on, please share your opinions on this itinerary. I'll be
booking it Saturday or Sunday onboard the Grand :-D

LES!