** SKIP ARUBA **

Old July 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
wolf

I disagree. If you look at the consular information sheets (on state
department travel info site) there are a number of countries where the
police pay little if any attention to crimes committed against tourists.
I believe Cambodia and Thailand are examples. These countries should be
boycotted. I don't believe Aruba falls into this category.

LES! wrote:
"VinceMustGo.com" wrote

| Do not travel there - have a protest to punish the Government

Then we should all protest and not travel within the United States.

None of us Americans will spend our money on anything here. We'll all jump
on a boat and sail to a country with a perfect government and perfect police
etc...

rolls eyes

Boycotting a country is really ignorant, in my opinion.

LES!

Old July 24th, 2005, 10:32 PM
JPMcT

Let me get this straight...you are saying we should boycott Aruba because a
teenager got drunk and disappeared, presumably as the result of foul play.

If that is your logic...WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU GO??!??

I will continue to go to Aruba, Jamaica, New York City, Nassau, Orlando or,
for that matter, anywhere I damn well please. I have yet to find a
destination with an ZERO crime rate.

Frankly, as crime rates go in the Caribbean, Aruba is in pretty good shape.

S**T happens. Be an adult and deal with it!!!

And...please...spare me the Cut/Paste of your little Aruban economy factoid.
I use Google too.

McT

Old July 24th, 2005, 10:53 PM
VinceMustGo.com

JPMcT wrote:

Let me get this straight...you are saying we should boycott Aruba because a
teenager got drunk and disappeared, presumably as the result of foul play.

If that is your logic...WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU GO??!??

I will continue to go to Aruba, Jamaica, New York City, Nassau, Orlando or,
for that matter, anywhere I damn well please. I have yet to find a
destination with an ZERO crime rate.

Frankly, as crime rates go in the Caribbean, Aruba is in pretty good shape.

S**T happens. Be an adult and deal with it!!!

And...please...spare me the Cut/Paste of your little Aruban economy factoid.
I use Google too.

McT

READ AGAIN dummy - boycotting because of an inept government who chooses
to try to sweep this under the carpet and preserve their tourist industry
Old July 24th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Ray L. Nutz

READ AGAIN dummy - boycotting because of an inept government who chooses
to try to sweep this under the carpet and preserve their tourist industry

Nobody in Aruba is trying to sweep this case under the carpet, but there is
just that a very weak case of a Teenager disappearing , willfully or foul
play.
No body is found so is a crime committed ???
They did find some people lying but still no body is found.
so far only facts are Teenager goes drinking, Teenagers goes necking at
beach, Teenager does not show up for Flight.
So what law can prosecute on those facts ??
Even in USA a potential culprit can only be held if EVIDENCE exist.
So far those people pushing for boycott on weak evidence are the DUMMIES .

Old July 25th, 2005, 05:46 PM
MarkT

"VinceMustGo.com" wrote in message
Do not travel there - have a protest to punish the Government

Why? What did they do? Did they send a young, immature girl to a foreign
country with minimal chaperones? No.

Did they kill her? No, assuming she is dead, of course.

As a matter of fact, do you know how many murders they had in Aruba compared
to Birmingham Alabama? Maybe we ought to boycott Birmingham.

Or, maybe you ought to get a life.

That's my take on it all.
Mark T.

Old July 25th, 2005, 05:49 PM
JPMcT

Do you think this attitude could be one of the reasons that there is so
much
antiamericanism?

I doubt it. Other than religious and political fanatics, the only consistent
anti-Americanism I have seen is in our own media, who like to have us
believe that everyone hates us. If we had media-approved, multicultural
government leaders, then we would be told everyone loves us. Most Americans
realize that and don't spend a moment caring about what the media, or, for
that matter, the rest of the world, thinks we should be. Our media's
blatant agenda has all but destroyed their credibility. As far as the
fanatics...that issue speaks for itself.

We are a consumer based society (for good or bad) and money makes the world
go round. Nobody hates us enough to ban us, and our wallets, from their
shores.

McT

Old July 25th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

So far those people pushing for boycott on weak evidence are the DUMMIES .

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:46:06 GMT, Odysseus wrote:

I also detect arrogance and ethnocentrism. There appears to be a belief
that Aruba should treat this as the crime of the century because an American
was the victim. It also looks like many people think that the FBI should
have jurisdiction all over the world, taking over cases from a countries
own police, whenever an American is a crime victim.

CIA loves the FBI, they readily hand over international affairs to them.
LOL

Do you think this attitude could be one of the reasons that there is so much
antiamericanism?

One of a triple dozen, yes.
--
"We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push
us around, and then wonder how all those assholes got in there."
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:49:53 -0400, JPMcT wrote:

Other than religious and political fanatics, the only consistent
anti-Americanism I have seen is in our own media, who like to have us
believe that everyone hates us.

Which do the French fall under?

If we had media-approved, multicultural
government leaders, then we would be told everyone loves us. Most Americans
realize that and don't spend a moment caring about what the media, or, for
that matter, the rest of the world, thinks we should be. Our media's
blatant agenda has all but destroyed their credibility. As far as the
fanatics...that issue speaks for itself.

We are a consumer based society (for good or bad) and money makes the world
go round. Nobody hates us enough to ban us, and our wallets, from their
shores.

I'll take you cash
And kiss your ass
Doesn't mean I love it.