Air France? Ptui!

Old November 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Default Air France? Ptui!

mrtravel writes:

Nonsense. Whatever the outcome of the war, we would have had trading
partners. After all, we trade with Japan and Germany now.

Absolutely. Trade is a two-way street: other countries need our
commerce as much as we need theirs.

Geoff

--
"The left has a whole vocabulary devoted to depicting people who
do not meet standards as people who have been denied 'access.'"

Old November 1st, 2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

mrtravel writes:

I'm sure by now you know that Americans are not taught about
the full extent of Russia's contribution to WWII?

Other than being there to defend their own country, what was the
contribution?

By defending their own country, they helped to defeat our common
enemy. Without the Eastern Front consuming men and resources, the
burden on the rest of the Allies would obviously have been that much
greater.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Padraig Breathnach writes:

"Shock and awe" does not have the same resonance as "hearts and
minds".

Once we have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

JohnT writes:

: I made fun of your name, therefore I'm a xenophobe?

No. Merely ignorant.

Having a sense of humor makes me ignorant? "This new
learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere!"

Not to put too fine a point on it, but speaking of names,
is yours "Padraig?" Didn't think so.

Geoff

--
"A horse show? Why the hell would Christopher Reeve wanna go to a
horse show? That's like Jews going to an oven sale."--Howard Stern

Old November 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Stephen Farrow writes:

: Why shouldn't I be?

I see. You've never read a newspaper.

"The assumption that those who fail to share their
views are ignorant is a uniquely liberal conceit."

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Stephen Farrow

Geoff Miller wrote:
Stephen Farrow writes:

: Why shouldn't I be?

I see. You've never read a newspaper.

"The assumption that those who fail to share their
views are ignorant is a uniquely liberal conceit."

You're proving my point. If you'd actually bothered to pick up a
newspaper at any point in the last four or five years, you'd know that
your ****-in-chief is a complete failure *as a conservative*. True
conservatives should boot him out of office simply for his disastrous
running of your economy, never mind his dragging you into an illegal and
unjustifiable war.

--

Stephen

That was nifty.
Old November 1st, 2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Magda natters:

You don't have any humour, Gege; you are just irremediably stupid.

If I'm so stupid, then why did you never get back to me with the
requested point-by-point rebuttal?

All you can do is toss out unimaginative playgound insults. Truth
be told, you're really nothing more than a walking sperm cuspidor,
a life support system for a vagina.

Geoff

Old November 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Padraig Breathnach coughs up a lung oyster:

Go peddle you distortions to idiots who are prepared to buy them.

If they're really distortions, then you shouldn't have any qualms
about pointing out specifically _why_ they're distortions, should
you?

Rubbish. He misrepresented what I said. That's all.

How? You can't say, can you? My morning flatus was more substantial
than your ridiculous posturing.

I do not owe him or you any clarification.

Let the record show that Padraig is unable to defend his position,
and therefore forfeits the debate. Poor little fellow...

"LOO-zer! LOO-zer!"

*snicker*

Geoff