Sterling Air

Old February 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.air

Default Sterling Air

How reliable in Sterling Air?

I'm planning a big trip from the U.S. to Europe; nearly 3 weeks in Britain
followed by a 10 night cruise out of Copenhagen. From the U.S. and back
I'll fly into and out of London (LGW). I'll end my stay in Britain in Edinburgh.

I need to fly from EDI to CPH. When I looked a month ago Sterling had a
flight that arrived in CPH around 3pm, early enough for my cruise. Now that
flight arrives at almost 5pm. Getting a little too close for comfort. After the
cruise I've got 2 days to get back to LGW for my 1:50pm flight back to the
U.S. Sterling has one morning flight which arrives plenty early at LGW.

They've already changed their schedule for my EDI-CPH travel. So how
reliable is Sterling Air?

No email please. TIA.
Old February 16th, 2006, 09:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.air

"rvfulltime" wrote in message
How reliable in Sterling Air?

I'm planning a big trip from the U.S. to Europe; nearly 3 weeks in Britain
followed by a 10 night cruise out of Copenhagen. From the U.S. and back
I'll fly into and out of London (LGW). I'll end my stay in Britain in
Edinburgh.

I need to fly from EDI to CPH. When I looked a month ago Sterling had a
flight that arrived in CPH around 3pm, early enough for my cruise. Now
that
flight arrives at almost 5pm. Getting a little too close for comfort.
After the
cruise I've got 2 days to get back to LGW for my 1:50pm flight back to the
U.S. Sterling has one morning flight which arrives plenty early at LGW.

They've already changed their schedule for my EDI-CPH travel. So how
reliable is Sterling Air?

I can't say much about Sterling, but BMI are one of the UK's leading
"traditional" airlines (although they are moving to a low-cost model). They
also fly EDI-CPH and have a nice early departure from EDI (0705), giving you
the day at leisure in Copenhagen (and if you haven't been, it's worth it!).
Fares one-way start at £83 + tax, £110 total (USD190). I've been flying
them for years and have never had a problem with them.

From CPH back to LGW, you have the choice of a couple of carriers; see
www.lowcost.com for more detail. I'd almost recommend you fly to LGW the
night before, stay in an on-airport hotel (Le Meridien is nice) and check in
bright and early for your flight - the queues for US flights from LGW are
notorious...

Old February 16th, 2006, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:32:32 -0000, "Traveller" wrote:

"rvfulltime" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

From CPH back to LGW, you have the choice of a couple of carriers; see
www.lowcost.com for more detail. I'd almost recommend you fly to LGW the
night before, stay in an on-airport hotel (Le Meridien is nice) and check in
bright and early for your flight - the queues for US flights from LGW are
notorious...

Thanks. When I looked a couple of months ago at www.cheap0.com only
Sterling Air showed up. Schedules change.

Is there by chance any website travel agency that lists all or almost all
European airlines? Ths U.S. based web sites, like Orbitz, Travelocity, or
Expedia, don't include some of the newer low cost European airlines.

Old February 16th, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

Is there by chance any website travel agency that lists all or almost all
European airlines? Ths U.S. based web sites, like Orbitz, Travelocity, or
Expedia, don't include some of the newer low cost European airlines.

The newer low cost airlines are can only be booked on their own websites.
However you can compare fares on www.skyscanner.net and then it will send
you to the airlines website to complete the booking. If used in conjunction
with something like Expedia.co.uk you should get an idea of all flights
available.

Old February 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"rvfulltime" wrote in message

Is there by chance any website travel agency that lists all or almost all
European airlines? Ths U.S. based web sites, like Orbitz, Travelocity, or
Expedia, don't include some of the newer low cost European airlines.

Yup. www.lowcost.com is the best resource I know. It seems to give all
carriers - not just in Europe - and while it doesn't have schedules, it does
tell you who flies from A to B...