another question about cancelled flights

Old April 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Drew Shuller

Default another question about cancelled flights

There was a post a while back about the cancellation of empty flights. Seems
that's illegal, something I didn't know until I read it on this newsgroup.

Do the same rules hold for charter airlines? I was bumped from a FunJet
flight, I think that it is Champion Air. They asked me to take a flight one
day later. In defense of FunJet, they are offering to cover my hotel
expenses for one more day.

Drew
Waco, TX

Old April 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:09:28 -0500 "Drew Shuller" wrote:

:There was a post a while back about the cancellation of empty flights. Seems
:that's illegal, something I didn't know until I read it on this newsgroup.

It wouldn't be "illegal".

It may be a violation of a contract.

:Do the same rules hold for charter airlines? I was bumped from a FunJet
:flight, I think that it is Champion Air. They asked me to take a flight one
:day later. In defense of FunJet, they are offering to cover my hotel
:expenses for one more day.

Charters do not have the same FAA rules and restrictions. You will have to
read your contract.

I would bet that the maximum damages would be a refund.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com