Prague - Hotel Recommendations - June 2004

Old November 16th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Dave.US

Default Prague - Hotel Recommendations - June 2004

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

Any recommendations on either best places to search or hotel names?

Thanks,
Dave
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
Dave.US wrote:

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

This has a great location, I recommend it

http://www.kinggeorge.cz/

jay
Sun, Nov 16, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old November 16th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Ger

Dave, my wife and I stayed in the Red Lion Hotel last year.
It was excellent value - clean, simple and inexpensive.
Great location. Stroll down to the Charles Bridge or up
to the Castle.
The Hotel is in the Old Town - to go to City Centre (new - not nice!!)
you walk down over the Charles Bridge and about half km to Centre.

Details:
The Red Lion Hotel
Nerudova 41, Praha 1 - Mala Strana
Czech Republic

Used http://www.abaka.com/ for the booking.
Hotel email is

Hotel phone is 00420 - 257 533 832

Ger

Old November 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Ivan

In article ,
Dave.US wrote:

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

Any recommendations on either best places to search or hotel names?

For answers to these and similar Frequently Asked Questions, visit the
Czech Republic FAQ:
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~sever/CZ...Q/lodging.html

Ivan
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Dave.US" skrev i meddelandet

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.
Any recommendations on either best places to search or hotel names?
Thanks,
Dave

Not in city centre nor in old town but I found Best Western Hotel Alta close
to Holesovice station to be good for money.
Half the price and twice the standard compared with the hotel in Mala Strana
where I stayed the previous time. Newly refurbished up to top standard.
So if you can take a 15min tram trip or a 10min walk to the underground
station Holesovice I think it's a good option. Downtown hotels are
overpriced.
L.P

Old November 18th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Livadia

In article ,
Dave.US wrote:

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

Any recommendations on either best places to search or hotel names?

Try Hotel Cerny Slon. Great Old Town location, right next to Our Lady of
Tyn Church. Charming rooms, nice restaurant and bar, extremely pleasant and
accommodating staff. Stayed there in May 2003, and would be still there, it
I had my druthers.

www.hotelcernyslon.cz

Best,
Livadia

Old November 18th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Terryo

Go Fig wrote in message ...
In article ,
Dave.US wrote:

I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

This has a great location, I recommend it

http://www.kinggeorge.cz/

I stayed in the King George two months ago. The location is
excellent. Two drawbacks -- (1) the breakfast wasn't much, and (2) I
had an attic room, #15 I believe, which was a LONG, LONG climb (no
elevator). I was rewarded with an outstanding view of the rooftops of
Prague, though. Oh, and (3), poor TV reception (if it matters). But
if you avoid the attic rooms and don't watch much TV, I recommend it.
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Dave English

Dave.US wrote in message . ..
I'll be in Prague for 3 nights in early June 2004. I'd like to find a
reasonably priced 3-star equivalent hotel for 2 persons very near the
city centre and old town.

Any recommendations on either best places to search or hotel names?

Thanks,
Dave

I booked through http://visitprague.cz/

They provided a good service, including arranging transfer to the
airport, and, when my first selected hotel was fully booked, finding
a nearby alternative (which was listed as slightly more expensive,
but they booked it at the same price as my first choice).

Other useful booking sites might be:

http://www.praguehotels.cz/
http://www.hotelsprague.cz/
http://www.prague-hotel.co.uk/
http://www.about-prague-hotels.com/
http://www.hotels-of-prague.com/

etc, etc in all possible permutations ...

---
Dave.