Refridgerators?

Old January 17th, 2005, 07:54 PM
JLP20

I noticed that the cabin I have booked for my first cruise includes a
refrigerator. I'd fully assume this is your standard dorm room sized
mini-fridge, but my question is do they typically have a small freezer
section that I could use to freeze an ice pack or two?

We have had good luck with Princess, "dorm" sized and empty. When you get
there, it will be set on cool rather than cold. I assume they do that to
prevent ice build up around the cooling coils, since they are not "frost free".
Turn the thermostat to "max" and you will have no problem.

Carnival was the worst. Jammed full "mini bar" that cooled things off at best.
Bad design with poor equipment. Room steward said they could not empty it,
locked or unlocked were the only options
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20