Norwegian Star Question

Old November 26th, 2003, 01:56 AM
George & Ronnie

Default Norwegian Star Question

Norwegian Star Dec 14.
Is there a formal night(s).
Our son in the Air Force wants to wear his military tux if there is one.
Thanks,

Old November 26th, 2003, 07:38 PM
ccsuwxman

There is indeed. Tuesday evening is formal night. Jacket and tie are
required only in the Versailles dining room. All other restaurants are
"optional formal." So, if your son wants to wear his AF military tux, he'll
have that opportunity.

Have a great cruise, and make sure you take the optional $20 private beach
excursion on Fanning Island. It's definitely worth the money! We loved it!
Despite what some people may think, Fanning Island is a once-in-a-lifetime
opprtunity to experience a truly unspoiled (for now) tropical Pacific
island.

See ya!

Steve and Diana

t...

Old November 27th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Doug

There was one formal night - Tuesday I think in Versailles. We chose
not to dress in tuxes and dressed casual every night. Loved
FreeStyle! I've heard from others that they won't keep you out of
Versailles if you are not formal on formal night - it's suggested.
However, we ate in the spaciality restaurants every night except one
and loved them (costs more but the service and food are as good as the
best restaurants we've been to on land - and much cheaper!). We ate
in Versailles on lobster night and the restaurant had a terrible
vibration and was VERY noisy - ruined the atmosphere. We didn't go
back again.

As far as Fanning Island, we took the Barracuda Reef snorkeling tour.
After boarding the tender to the snorkel site, the dive staff said
they would check on the way back with island officials to see if they
could drop us off on Napali beach and save the $20. We were allowed
to go to Napali if we wanted by showing our tour voucher for free. We
chose not to and went back to the ship to change before going back to
the island. Napali is beautiful - they supposedly have a 400 person
limit on that beach. They will discuss a 'staff' beach that is a
short walk away from the 'passenger' beach just off the tender pier.
Ask the cruise director or dive-in staff - they can give you
directions. Sounded beautiful from reviews I read - few if any
passengers and maybe a few staff members off duty. The 'passenger'
beach was crowded with passengers - it was near the bathrooms, food
and bars!

Doug