Antartica cruises?

Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
-hh

Default Antartica cruises?

Been thinking about heading waaaay south for a few years, but with the
downturn in the economy, we're noticing some price discounts starting
to appear that might prompt a "now, rather than later" opportunistic
approach. For example, Lindblad is offering a 15% discount on some
itineraries.

With this in mind, has anyone here been that far south and can offer
comments & recommendations on pros/cons of various boats, choices,
itineraries, etc?

Also, any comments on the Dutch barque 'Europa' would be greatly
appreciated. She looks like one of the more potentially interesting
ships to consider sailing (literally) on.

-hh
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Feb 2, 1:16*pm, -hh wrote:
Been thinking about heading waaaay south for a few years, but with the
downturn in the economy, we're noticing some price discounts starting
to appear that might prompt a "now, rather than later" opportunistic
approach. *For example, Lindblad is offering a 15% discount on some
itineraries.

With this in mind, has anyone here been that far south and can offer
comments & recommendations on pros/cons of various boats, choices,
itineraries, etc?

Also, any comments on the Dutch barque 'Europa' would be greatly
appreciated. *She looks like one of the more potentially interesting
ships to consider sailing (literally) on.

-hh

The timing is uncanny. You ask about Antarctica. And another thread
talks about the good info that generally comes via the VacationsToGo
weekly newsletter. Well, tonight (Monday), I rec'd my weekly
newsletter, and the famed Alan is reporting live from his cruise of
the Antarctica on the Minerva chartered by Regent Seven Seas. If you
don't have access to the newsletter, email me, and I will foward mine.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
-hh

D Ball wrote:
-hh wrote:

[...]

Yes, please. I've sent you an offline email from an "unmunged" email
address.

Thanks,

-hh
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jimbob

Heard there is a shore excursion to go on the Steve Irwin. You can
participate in an actual "protest" of the Japanese ship that MURDERS
whales.

JB