VIKINGS GO DUTCH!!!!!

Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default VIKINGS GO DUTCH!!!!!

On Jan 21, 4:48�pm, Ermalee wrote:
Susette wrote:
On Jan 20, 6:23 pm, Nonnymus wrote:

Ermalee wrote:

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Susette" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 12:12?am, Ermalee wrote:

So does that mean I can't go? ?whine-

Ermalee... See it goes by how you act so since your 22 SURE you can
go! hahaha

Susette, Sometimes she acts like she's 16 never mind 22...she has
gotten me in all kinds of situations.
She bargained and got good deals on tattoos in Key West...a two for
the price of one! ;-)

--Jean

Oh my! I hope Nonny refrains from from revealing any of my antics,
especially in St. Petersburg.

Or in NOLA. Darn, that was fun and look at all the beads you got!

--
Nonny
Some people are like a Slinky: not really

OH ERM I have competition with BEADS!

Who will be going with the VIKINGS?
Ermalee and maybe a roommate
Jean and Ed
Charles
Tom K
Kerry and her hubby
Sue and SO

Who else?

Ermalee- Hide quoted text -

leslie Buck and John Nieradka
Tom and I kinda played a hand in getting them together... If it don;t
work out its Tom's fault hahah
Maybe Tom and I can be the Ring bearer and flower Girl

So far that is who signed up But I just held it! A few others coming
in Next week with Deposit.
i will start a email in a few weeks .....

Old January 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Will we find out where they hide the old people?

I was on a HAL cruise one time when we tendered to Georgetown, Grand
Cayman there were so many walkers on the tender I thought we might
capsize! One thing that is great about HAL ships they are very
supportive of disabled folk regardless of age.

It all depends on the cruise and who's on it as well. At our table we
had two Canadians, Helen and Big Al. They had just sold their business
and were in their late 80's. They did some of the most active
excursions including climbing Dun's Falls. There was no moss growing on
these rolling stones. You might be pleasantly surprised as to how many
"old" people on board will want to join you Vikings. After all for
years "Dutch Night" was popular with the women wearing those silly Dutch
Milk maid hats. Some who miss "Dutch Night" may be all to happy to see
Viking hats and want to know where to get one.

At the very same table we had a pair of newly weds in their 20's who
hailed from the mountains of West Virginia. What a pair of sticks in the
mud. She was always seasick and he was one of those guys who
communicated in monosyllables. My sister found him mildly amusing in an
ironic way. He was an English Teacher who also coached a debate team.

Old is a state of mind. I had more fun with the geriatric set then
hanging out with some of the 30-somethings. I think at a certain age,
which is different for different people, you realize that you aren't
getting any younger. So rather than being glum about how little time you
have left, folks toss away their inhibitions and celebrate every moment.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 1/20/2009 8:53 AM Susette scrawled with a big red tube of lipstick:
On Jan 19, 10:03�pm, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Ermalee" wrote in message

I have been on the following ships. �Statendam was my favorite. �I didn't
see any old people on any of them. �I wonder what the Westerdam will be
like??

Ryndam �Rotterdam V Statendam Maasdam
Zuiderdam
Volendam

Ermalee

The bigger question... what will the ship be like with VIKINGS on it...
LOL.

Are you and Jean coming with us?

I forgot to answer your first question...I don't know how HAL will handle
the" youngun Vikings," as they are rather reserved!
;-) And you, (not me) were quite visible on the Liberty of the Seas, Ha! But
I do know you will be wearing Dutch hats one night on the cruise as they
have a *Dutch* night and menu! Maybe there will be more younger passengers
than on the Alaskan and Mediterranean voyages since it will be near
Christmas and in the Caribbean.
So far I have been on the Statendam (2) Ryndam (1), the Volendam (1), and
the Westerdam once right after her maiden voyage in the Mediterranean.

--Jean

--Jean- Hide quoted text -

For real there is a DUTCH night??? can we wear wooden shoes???
If I put them out by my room will I wake up and have Presents in
them??? (HEY BE NICE)
I want to wear a dutch girl hat. hahahahahahhaa
SO Jean since we never did a HAL Tell us what its like. My DSM told me
the last 2 years HAL has changed its demographics for some reason that
the median age for Caribbean is now 45 and their sister company
carnival is48 SOOOO they are getting younger.
But I hear nice ships ( I hate the color on the outside good thing we
sail on the inside)

Actually, Dutch Night was discontinued. The younger crowd didn't get it
or like Dutch food. Some dutch food is something that only the most
dedicated dutch person would like. Now the food from the former
colonies that was featured is another matter. That stuff is good.

But, for the Vikings it could be revived. They only went so far as the
silly "milk maid" hats for the ladies and the "dutch boy" hats for the
men. Wooden shoes were not required. The funniest thing on one of the
cruises I was on where some folks from one of the African counties with
traditional African garb wearing those silly hats! The Japanese on the
cruise had a real hoot! The men and women switched hats, so you could
imagine "samurai milk maid" to bad John Belushi is gone. That might have
been a good one. Right up there with Samurai Deli guy.

--
________
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

wrote:

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Ermalee" wrote in message

[...]

�To �email me, Edit "blog" from my email address.
� Brian M. Kochera �
�"The poor dog is the firmest friend, the first to welcome the foremost to defend" - Lord Byron
�View My Web Page:http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951- Hide quoted text -

I WANT dutch night back come on Brian go and get it back for us!
SDon't you want to see Helg the VIking Queen Happy?
I like Dutch Apople Pie what else do the dutxch eat? loaded question
I am sure
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Susette" wrote in message

I WANT dutch night back come on Brian go and get it back for us!
SDon't you want to see Helg the VIking Queen Happy?
I like Dutch Apople Pie what else do the dutxch eat? loaded question
I am sure

Heiniken and Amstel.

--Tom

Old February 1st, 2009, 06:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 1/31/2009 12:03 PM Tom K scrawled with a big red tube of lipstick:
"Susette" wrote in message

I WANT dutch night back come on Brian go and get it back for us!
SDon't you want to see Helg the VIking Queen Happy?
I like Dutch Apople Pie what else do the dutxch eat? loaded question
I am sure

Heiniken and Amstel.

--Tom

Believe me guys you don't want to know. I'll see if I have a souvenir
menu for Dutch Night laying about.
In the meantime, take a gander of these folks wearing the silly dutch hats!
http://hollandamerica-noordam.com/otherdinnerpics.htm

Here's one dish I was able to extract from a wickipedia article:

The most famous product from Holland is the /Hollandse nieuwe/
(Hollandic new one or soused herring
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soused_herring), which is caught in the
north of region. It is eaten with the hands while holding at the tail,
above your mouth and eat it from the bottom to the tail. Usually small
pieces of onions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onions are served with it.

Here's the link for a more complete listing of Dutch Cuisine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_c...ional_cuisines

--
________
Old February 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

"Susette" wrote in message

[...]

the hats are cute we like the hat thing at least it brings kaughter
to the many
NOW the dutch food OHHHHH BOYYY how about some rye bread taters and
some Wurst
or how abut
HOLLAND Days sauce hahahahhaha without the asparagas for Charles
hahahahaha
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

The dutch also eat pickled red cabbage served hot

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Feb 1, 4:28�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
The dutch also eat pickled red cabbage served hot

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

i do like that kinda like the Germans too
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 2/1/2009 4:28 PM Surfer E2468 scrawled with a big red tube of lipstick:
The dutch also eat pickled red cabbage served hot

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Chased down with Hollandse nieuwe

--
________