Oh to the good old days from laving from NYC !

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Oh to the good old days from laving from NYC !

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Tom K" wrote

Actually, now one of the biggest ocean pollutants here in NJ is cigarette
butts. There are millions washing up on the beaches all the time.

One of my pet peeves is people who think the beach is one giant ashtray...
putting their butts out in the sand and leaving them there. I don't mind
if you smoke at the beach but please, bring an ashtray and put your butts
in the trash. I want to feel the sand between my toes... not your
filter-tips.

Maybe they should eliminate all filters for environmental reasons. The
paper and tobacco would disintegrate quickly.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

wrote:
Look how they dress back then .And the Bon Voyage party"s. Boy i
remember the Bon Voyage party"s .We had a few of then back in the
early 80's on Home lines .It was a great way to start the cruise.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sHwU...05D2B&index=10

Thanks for posting that, I do not believe I had seen it before. It is
nice to see you posting again, Ken.

Becca
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sHwU...List&p=0606449...

Thanks for posting that, I do not believe I had seen it before. * It is
nice to see you posting again, Ken.

Becca

Thanks Becca we love the Bon Voyage party"s .NY did it the best .You
see people getting more dress up back then getting on the ship then
you see alot of people of today going to dinner. Along with my tux, i
always had 5 suits ! You had to get dress of most nights back
then ,that was a big part of cruising then .Today's cruises are more
like going to an island resort .funny thing i like it both ways .

Ken G........
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 4/22/2009 9:48 AM, George Leppla wrote:

"Tom K" wrote

Actually, now one of the biggest ocean pollutants here in NJ is
cigarette butts. There are millions washing up on the beaches all the
time.

One of my pet peeves is people who think the beach is one giant
ashtray... putting their butts out in the sand and leaving them there. I
don't mind if you smoke at the beach but please, bring an ashtray and
put your butts in the trash. I want to feel the sand between my toes...
not your filter-tips.

Well, since this has gone off topic, one of MY pet peeves is
people who toss their cigarette butts out their car windows onto
the road. Clearly this must be because they bought cars without
ashtrays because civilized people do not toss their trash out of
the car and litter if there's not a good reason for it, right?

Bill
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_8_]

George Leppla wrote:

"Tom K" wrote

Actually, now one of the biggest ocean pollutants here in NJ is
cigarette butts. There are millions washing up on the beaches all the
time.

One of my pet peeves is people who think the beach is one giant
ashtray... putting their butts out in the sand and leaving them there.
I don't mind if you smoke at the beach but please, bring an ashtray and
put your butts in the trash. I want to feel the sand between my toes...
not your filter-tips.

My Mom smoked Kent with the Micronite filter. . . you know, the filter
of asbestos fibers. sigh

--
Nonny
If you think health care is expensive now,

- P.J. O'Rourke
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

wrote:
On Apr 22, 6:11 pm, Becca wrote:

wrote:

Look how they dress back then .And the Bon Voyage party"s. Boy i
remember the Bon Voyage party"s .We had a few of then back in the
early 80's on Home lines .It was a great way to start the cruise.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sHwU...List&p=0606449...

Thanks for posting that, I do not believe I had seen it before. It is
nice to see you posting again, Ken.

Becca

Thanks Becca we love the Bon Voyage party"s .NY did it the best .You
see people getting more dress up back then getting on the ship then
you see alot of people of today going to dinner. Along with my tux, i
always had 5 suits ! You had to get dress of most nights back
then ,that was a big part of cruising then .Today's cruises are more
like going to an island resort .funny thing i like it both ways .

Ken G........

Remember the heated discussions we used to have in the newsgroup, about
formal nights and semi-formal nights? Half of the people loved them,
the other half hated them. Oh, the fun topics we used to discuss. :-)
For many years, this was a wonderful newsgroup, then it all changed.

Becca
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Apr 21, 8:07�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
BOY do i remember the sail away parties on home lines,whistles
blowing,confetti flying,and all the people on the dock waving good bye,
It was a sight to behold,but like evrything nowadays with traveling,they
are taking all the fun out of it

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

We came one year with those Pop things that have confetti in them and
they were not happy. BUT come on its BON VOYAGE...
Princess used to do a good Bon Voyage when the Grand P had came out...
IT was fun but some GREEN folks probably said it was ruining the
fish...
like a little piece of recycled paper would....
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Apr 22, 8:53�am, "Tom K" wrote:
"John Sisker" wrote in message

The good old days to us, didn't seem that far ago. Our first cruise was in
1986. At that time, guests were allowed on board just before departure
time. Both guests (from the dock), and passengers (from the ship) throw
confetti and streamers, for one exciting and colorful bon voyage party.
Today, security issues and environmental conditions no-doubt put an end to
all that. Those were the days. Now, many times, everyone is either at the
lifeboat drill or early dining when the ship departs. Of course, there are
always exceptions.

I think it's good that they're trying to keep a lot of that confetti and
streamers out of the water. �I've actually seen some birds (like ducks) in
the Hudson River (by NYC) the past few years. �That's encouraging..

Actually, now one of the biggest ocean pollutants here in NJ is cigarette
butts. �There are millions washing up on the beaches all the time.. �They say
it's because smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants and bars in NJ.
People now have to go outside and smoke - where they simply drop the butts
on the sidewalk or street and walk back inside after they're done smoking
(putting the butts in an ash tray is apparently WAY too much trouble). �The
rain comes and washes the butts into the sewer drains, and the sewer drains
take the butts out in the ocean where they later wash up on the beaches.

--Tom

I do not think that the confetti is hurting the birds! Balloons
YES... But heck when the Feds get a ig drug bust they throw all that
Stuff in the water! that be more harmful then those little confetti
pieces at least its fiber in the diet LOL
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Apr 22, 9:51�am, wrote:
On Apr 22, 8:53�am, "Tom K" wrote:

[...]

Hi Tom no cruises this year .We are heading to the FLA Key"s for 2
weeks in July .looking to buy a condo .Yes we were at opening day at
Citifield ,and the Friday night Red Sox"s game .Also the first ever
ball game played they St John"s and George town game .We got season
tickets .The place is just great .It"s like night & day from what Shea
was .I was at opening day at Shea also .The food is great .over an
hour wait for Sake Shake .Blue smokes ribs are really great .Our seats
you feel like your right on the field .And there"s so much to do and
see if you get there early ,unlike Shea .The Mets hit a Home rum with
Citifield.Are you still cruising ?Now if the Mets would only get
going !! Oh when you get off the 7 train and see Citifield for the
first time .It's like a old time ball park .very retro !
Ken G.......- Hide quoted text -

About Time all of us others have had these parks for a few years!
Baltimore is the one that started it that is a beautiful Field. But
the Phillies field is just plain gorgeous! guess we need to beat those
mets agasin huh?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On.That"s when our boy's were Yong . It was great being out of
the winter in Feb. for 3 weeks .Oh the good old day's LOL .We had as
much fun on the BRB when the boy's were young as any of the 70 cruises
we have been on .

Miss the Niche the BRB had filled. people loved that ship and that was
the start of furry Creatures on ships....

Susie
Cruise outlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
800-853-9515
Come sail with the Vikings Dec 6,2009 HAL Westerdam